Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: State Game Lands Firing Range question

Quote Originally Posted by DaveXDM40 View Post
    For the sub-topic of the lady picking up brass at the range. I feel sorry for someone who has to publicly lower themselves to scavenging on the ground for used cartridges to make a few extra bucks. She might be a very low income person who is just trying to make a few extra dollars to feed her and her kid? I doubt she is taking the money she makes from your empty shells and buying Gucci handbags and going on exotic vacations. Think of it as charity. At least she asks you if you will allow her to do it, i don't see what the fuss is about.
    I get around $100 for a 5 gallon bucket full of brass from the recycler, and she gets close to that or more every weekend, and most likely 2 buckets a week. Trust me, she isn't starving. There's more money in it than you think.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post
    I get around $100 for a 5 gallon bucket full of brass from the recycler, and she gets close to that or more every weekend, and most likely 2 buckets a week. Trust me, she isn't starving. There's more money in it than you think.
    Wow! 100 bucks! Does she drive to the range in a Land Rover?

holy necromancy.
    you wasted your dark art on a thread when you could have rezzed one of our founding fathers or great generals.

dropped my SGL permit, won't be renewing. i pick up as many rounds(or more) as i fire, not always the ones i fired. because sometimes they're hard to find. threw a brass bag on my AR and now life's a bit easier.
    SGL127 in tobyhanna isn't much better than OP originally described. private range cost the same and has better hours. go there on a week day and it's completely empty. went there after work on a friday, it was just filling up. no round limits and less lanes to deal with clearing. benches aren't as nice.

we called them brass monkeys but brass rats is probably better.
    it's one thing to go to the range before it opens or after it closes and simply clear it out. it's another for these fools to roam between and around your legs like a stray cat.
    reminds me, i should bring a rake and coal shovel to the range next week. mostly steel/aluminum but messy, because even private, hardly anyone cleans up.

Edit: private also allows shot and slug on the rifle line. just have to remember to bring a target stand.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567