Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Suppressor Exploded!

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    hes gonna have to wait on a new stamp to be approved, the real question is who is paying for the new stamp?
    Thanks
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Cumberland County)

There may not be another stamp involved. I'm not sure about NFA stuff, but I did have a similar experience in the past....

I had a Taurus pistol that I sent back to Taurus for some repairs (PT-22). They sent me a brand new pistol with my serial number stamped on it. My guess is that it didn't make sense for them to put a gunsmith on the job for the cost of the gun, so they destroyed the one I sent and simply replaced it.

I would imagine as the original manufacturer, they have some process whereby they can destroy the damaged suppressor, and put the same serial number on a new one. It's really no different than if you were going to make your own suppressor and you go through 3 or 4 designs; stamping multiple tubes along the way, but never having more than one usable tube stamped at any given time.

Again, NFA stuff may work differently, but the above makes sense to me. Then again, I'm not a government official.......

Either way, I would definitely ask the questions:
    1. New stamp needed?
    2. If so, who pays for it?
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Armstrong County)

New serial number, new stamp, new tax to be paid (prob by HappyC)

(Bucks County)

Was it loud?

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    There may not be another stamp involved. I'm not sure about NFA stuff, but I did have a similar experience in the past....

I had a Taurus pistol that I sent back to Taurus for some repairs (PT-22). They sent me a brand new pistol with my serial number stamped on it. My guess is that it didn't make sense for them to put a gunsmith on the job for the cost of the gun, so they destroyed the one I sent and simply replaced it.

I would imagine as the original manufacturer, they have some process whereby they can destroy the damaged suppressor, and put the same serial number on a new one. It's really no different than if you were going to make your own suppressor and you go through 3 or 4 designs; stamping multiple tubes along the way, but never having more than one usable tube stamped at any given time.

Again, NFA stuff may work differently, but the above makes sense to me. Then again, I'm not a government official.......

Either way, I would definitely ask the questions:
    1. New stamp needed?
    2. If so, who pays for it?
    Wasn't Stag Arms doing something very similar, and ended up getting into a heap of legal trouble, and forcing the CFO to resign?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Wasn't Stag Arms doing something very similar, and ended up getting into a heap of legal trouble, and forcing the CFO to resign?
    No. IIRC, Stag had a stack of unmarked receivers that were waiting for the guy who runs the roll mark machine to get back from vacation. Drug lords and other terrorists flood over the US/Mexico border into our country - but the real problem is Stag arms and some law abiding citizen in PA with a suppressor....

WTF!
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    New serial number, new stamp, new tax to be paid (prob by HappyC)
    Bingo! I went back to Silencerco and asked about the tax stamp fee (Am I on the hook?). Haven't heard back yet. Sucks I have to wait another 5 months but, at least it's getting replaced for free.

Heard back from Silencerco. They are paying the Tax Stamp, so I am completely satisfied. They have been more than helpful in replacing the equipment, covering the other costs and I haven't waited longer than 24hrs for a response to my questions. All in all, I couldn't be happier with them. Now, the 5 month wait begins............

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy.C View Post
    Heard back from Silencerco. They are paying the Tax Stamp, so I am completely satisfied. They have been more than helpful in replacing the equipment, covering the other costs and I haven't waited longer than 24hrs for a response to my questions. All in all, I couldn't be happier with them. Now, the 5 month wait begins............
    That's customer service! Good for you

(Armstrong County)

Awesome
    That's how things should be handled.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast