Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why do some believe in laws that don't exist and further infringe on 2A Rights?

I had a Seller of Rifle ammo today on one of the MEWE groups accuse me of trying to get him to break both PA and NJ laws by offering to buy rifle ammo he had listed for sale. This ignorance of the law only helps to further infringe on Second Amendment Rights. I set the seller straight however because he accused me of trying to get him to break laws in two states I would not buy from him even if the ammo was at a great price. To be clear the ammo was 7.62x51 Steel Core and 7.62x51 FMJ, 7.62X39 FMJ, and .22LR. There is no law preventing the sale and shipment of that ammo across state lines. NJ law only requires FID for handgun ammo, but not for Internet sales. However if a Seller asks I gladly provide them with a copy of my NJ FID. NJ has no laws against the sale or possession of Armor Piercing Ammo. Many will not believe this, but even Hollow Points are ok to sell and own in NJ. They just can not be carried. Basically Hollow Points are treated the same as Handguns under NJ Law. NJ does ban tracer ammo. I figured I would post this so no one else, because of ignorance of the law, accuses someone incorrectly of asking them to break the law. IMHO this type of thinking is exactly what the antis want. It is crazy for us to limit ours or anyone elses 2nd Amendment Rights anymore than laws already do.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Why do some believe in laws that don't exist and further infringe on 2A Rights?

I think you can place most of the blame on NJ. Many will simply avoid dealing with such states rather than risk breaking some stupid law and/or taking the time to learn all the stupid laws from the communist states.
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

Default Re: Why do some believe in laws that don't exist and further infringe on 2A Rights?

You didn't think people actually bothered to learn the statutes that regulate their business, did you?
    NRA Life Member

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by capt14k View Post
    IMHO this type of thinking is exactly what the antis want.
    Yep, create a constant paranoid mindset. Very effective technique to disrupt organized groups.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Why do so many cops believe in laws that don't exist ?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    Why do so many cops believe in laws that don't exist ?
    For power.

You need to get the hell out of that country and into the United States where your rights will be restored- for the most part. See 'pigeonhole mentality'. It has a lot to do with this situation despite not being political. 'My party says this so I believe and do that because my grand daddy said they are always right'. Typical turds who can't think for themselves or learn.

Jersey sucks... was at Bass Pro Shop in AC this weekend (mostly just to bust balls after the last time I was there). When a counter guy asked if I needed help I said "Nope I'm not from Jersey" He said "What?" I simply said "I live in the free state of Pennsylvania where I don't need a permit to look at a gun; I'm just here to check your high prices and kick tires"

Counter guy was not amused, Jersey guy a few feet down the counter obviously hated the NJ system as much as I did
    Last edited by R.A.D.; March 28th, 2016 at 07:59 PM.

(Tioga County)

There are 30000 firearms laws on the books around the country so it is said and it's impossible to comprehend or have knowledge of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    There are 30000 firearms laws on the books around the country so it is said and it's impossible to comprehend or have knowledge of them all.
    Agreed but you should know the laws of your own state and federal law. Seller said I was asking him to break PA law because I asked him to ship ammo out of state. I hate Jersey and it's laws as much as the next guy. Can't get my wife to leave just yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast