Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Production Class DA/SA

I see tons of threads that go something like "What gun should I get for production USPSA?" And almost universally I see a response like "Glock 17/34, Springfield XD9 tactical, or a CZ75."

Given the rule that in production the first shot must be fired DA, I can understand the popularity of guns like the glock and XD, as they offer consistent, medium-to-light trigger pulls for every shot. The CZ75 on the other hand is your typical DA/SA handgun. So why is the cz75 almost universally the most recommended DA/SA? How come I don't see SIGs, berettas, and other DA/SA guns recommended? What is it about the CZ75?

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Production Class DA/SA

Affordable, accurate, runs all the time...... Double action pull can be greatly reduced with some spring work.

Generally, I think the CZ guns just have better ergos over the Sigs and Beretta's, too.

LycanbestbangforbuckinSA/DAthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

another big plus is the steel frame. aside from probably adding durability, it adds weight and therefore tames recoil. Your typical SIG or Beretta has an alloy frame and is substantially lighter.

I personally find the Glock 35 with light loaded 180gr reloads and a lighter recoil spring to be almost embarrassingly lightly recoiling so I wouldn't necessarily think that the weight of a gun is that much of a factor, but if you're stuck with factory loads, a steel frame will get you back on target a little faster (with the possible downside of slowing target-to-target transitions).

(Westmoreland County)

Apparently Berretta's used to be big, if you like them shoot one. The Sigs I think just cost too much. Plus I don't know the availability of gear for them. The CZ SP-01 has gained a good number of proponents, and that seems to have kicked the CZ thing up a notch.