Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Pat Toomey Running Pro-Gun Control Ads as Part of Re-Election Effort

Senator Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA)60%
    is running a pro-gun control ad in hopes of attracting Democrat voters in the buildup to Pennsylvania’s April 26 Primary.

According to the Associated Press, the ad is narrated by gun control proponent Nancy Grogran, “a board member of CeasefirePA.” The ad is only running in certain areas of the state and appears focused on creating space between Toomey and pro-gun GOP presidential frontrunner Donald Trump.

Toomey joined with pro-gun control Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) for a massive gun control push following the December 2012 attack on Sandy Hook Elementary. The duo pushed a bill to expand background checks nationally in the way that such checks are currently expanded in California, Colorado, and Washington state. But the gun control push went down in flames after voters learned that the Sandy Hook shooter–Adam Lanza–had stolen his guns, and would therefore not have been hindered in the slightest by expanded background checks.

In fact, Toomey’s gun control partner–Senator Manchin–admitted that expanded background checks would not have prevented the Sandy Hook attack. Yet Toomey is reminding voters that he is pro-gun control in hopes of pulling some Democrats to his side.

His campaign did not comment on how many Republican voters may be ostracized by refocusing on the gun control effort.

AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ection-effort/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Pat Toomey Running Pro-Gun Control Ads as Part of Re-Election Effort

I will be voting against him!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Default Re: Pat Toomey Running Pro-Gun Control Ads as Part of Re-Election Effort

Lesser of two evils.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Mifflin County)

The turncoat will not get my vote !!

(Bucks County)

Well we can't vote D or we are committing suicide. Who is opposing this douche in the primary?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Well we can't vote D or we are committing suicide. Who is opposing this douche in the primary?
    I hope there is one , don't know !

(York County)

Toomey seems to be the best choice for 2nd amendment rights. Write to other Senate Republicans. It is up to Toomey's fellow Republicans to bring enough pressure to bear so that he "understands" that his position on the 2nd Amendment is "misguided". He will need fellow Republican support to accomplish anything. Toomey doesn't have it easy though... Check out this link:

[URL="http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/pat-toomey-merrick-garland-meeting-221159"]

"Democrats have mobilized nationwide during the current two-week Senate recess to pressure vulnerable Senate Republicans to take up Garland’s nomination this year. Toomey has been a prime target, with liberal activists loudly protesting Toomey during appearances at State College and in Harrisburg, Pa. this week."

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    can't vote D or we're committing suicide, can't vote R or we're committing suicide by knife in the back. Face it, if everyone who says voting third party is throwing away your vote actually voted third party, that party would win, and we wouldn't be slitting our own throat. At this time we who believe in the constitution (both state and federal) are being taxed with out representation.

(Bucks County)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Although I agree, there are a few items or issues that are non-negotiable and firearms/2A is one of them...with that being said, I will vote for Toomey and take my chances. Sestak is a total left wing loony and I agree with 0% of what he stands for---this lesser of two evils is [literally] killing us!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast