Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default M&P10 adjustable gas block?

ok, so ive pretty much exhausted whatever reasonable options were available to reduce recoil, but im looking to reduce it more to the point where it doesnt hurt my shoulder anymore.. which is pretty much saying eliminating all recoil if possible, i know.. long shot

my goal is minimal recoil for 3 reasons..

1) bad shoulder..
    2) static target re-acquisition and follow up
    3) moving target re-acquisition and follow up

but after talking with another member and researching mixed reviews, im leaning towards an adjustable gas block as my final step

anyone have experience with them on a 308?

im concerned that, while shooting match (or even standard ammo) and even at a minimal adjustment to lower recoil, it might have a grossly over adjusted effect and prevent it from cycling, which would negate my purchase and back to the drawing board

its not like the gun was built with an adjustable system like the Colt CLR, the M&P is proprietary and from what ive learned, has a heavier BCG, which might help with recoil to some extent as built OEM, but would require more venting from the gas block, hence my concern about overventing

(Bucks County)

Default Re: M&P10 adjustable gas block?

I recently put together a AR in 308 and went with a SLR Rifleworks adjustable gas block. The SLR has 15 setting's of adjustment, so there is a lot of fine tuning that can be done. Main reason for going adjustable was the gun is run suppressed all the time. I currently have the GB set on 3 and have no issues. FYI: Have a KAK bolt with A2 stock and standard buffer and spring.