All,

I am a new resident to Pike country (moved from NJ). Very happy that I can now have 30rd mags with telescoping stocks on my AR15. I was digging through previous posts to look for any private clubs or shooting groups in Pike county, forgive me if this has been answered in the past.

I am interested in shooting paper/steel at 25,50, 100yds or so (5.56, 9mm, .308) but the places offered to the public seems limited. The indoor range that looks like it will open on 739 is neat but the distances to targets is limited. The SGL 183 off route 6 is ok but I keep reading stories about yahoos and you can only set up paper at 100yds. I tried contacting the Matamoras rod and gun club but they haven't even responded. Unfortunately my HOA does not allow me to shoot in my back yard otherwise I would just set up targets there.

Are there any private clubs that offer a filter from the yahoos to be able to shoot recreationally less than an hour from Pike county? I would very much like to meet and shoot with folks who are responsible, have reloading experience and share a general interest in small arms, ballistics.