Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Saw something in Wilkes-Barre today...

I was working in Wilkes-Barre today and saw a motorcycle go by with someone OC. Not just OCing on a motorcycle but, a badge to go with it on his belt. Must have been a Dick.

Question: If I would open carry on my motorcycle. With a LTCF laminated badge (like a security badge) on my belt. Would that be sufficient for the police to leave me alone? I would be OCing, but on a motorized vehicle. I would not have to show my LTCF, it is shown now!

(Lebanon County)

Talking Re: Saw something in Wilkes-Barre today...

only if you laminate it on a 3' x 5' poster, Then you're busted for reckless operation of a MC

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Saw something in Wilkes-Barre today...

I think I know who that was (my brother-in-law). He drives thu w/b every day with a badge on his belt and is oc. He works for a armored car co (drives a armored tractor trailor).

The badge and oc means nothing becouse, he told me he has been pulled over for a trafic violation and the officer had him take his firearm dump his mag and clear his chamber. When the officer returned with his ticket the officer handed him his mag and single round back... He told me this happened to him about a year ago ........Joe

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Klinton View Post
    Question: If I would open carry on my motorcycle. With a LTCF laminated badge (like a security badge) on my belt. Would that be sufficient for the police to leave me alone? I would be OCing, but on a motorized vehicle. I would not have to show my LTCF, it is shown now!
    You may run the risk of a 3rd degree felony arrest. (Impersonating a Public Servant). It's illegal to purport your self as law enforcement. (Which you would be doing by wearing a fake badge). There is no such thing as a LCTF badge issued by PA. Any one that sees it is going to think you're a cop.

All you need to do is get in some sort of altercation with someone, and even if you didnt try to pretend you were Police, if the real cops are called, you will probably get arrested.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LM4300 View Post
    You may run the risk of a 3rd degree felony arrest. (Impersonating a Public Servant). It's illegal to purport your self as law enforcement. (Which you would be doing by wearing a fake badge). There is no such thing as a LCTF badge issued by PA. Any one that sees it is going to think you're a cop.

All you need to do is get in some sort of altercation with someone, and even if you didn't try to pretend you were Police, if the real cops are called, you will probably get arrested.
    Nooo, I did not explain myself correctly.
    Clip MY LTCF on my belt. Not a badge to fake being a cop.
    Like a security badge to swipe to get in places.

I don't want to impersonate a public servant...I Don't want to take a pay cut.

If my LTCF is displayed, no need to show it, it is shown already!

(Centre County)

If my LTCF is displayed, no need to show it, it is shown already!
    I'm 23 with near perfect vision. I'll be damned if I could read an ltcf from more than three feet away, much less from a moving vehicle...

Think of it this way... if you took your PA driver license and clipped it to your belt, do you think that would count as 'showing' it to an officer that pulled you over?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix909 View Post
    I'm 23 with near perfect vision. I'll be damned if I could read an ltcf from more than three feet away, much less from a moving vehicle...

Think of it this way... if you took your PA driver license and clipped it to your belt, do you think that would count as 'showing' it to an officer that pulled you over?
    Well, I think it would. If I can OC on foot with out a LTCF. Then in PA it's not a requirement to tell an officer I am carrying. If I am stopped for A MOVING VIOLATION, I am OCing and stopped. No need to READ my LTCF, it is CLEARLY DISPLAYED.

I DONOT have to say, "here officer READ MY LTCF." He can CLEARLY SEE IT.
    "Give me a ticket for ___________ and I'm on my way."
    If I am stopped for OCing...then what came first the chicken or the egg?

(Venango County)

If a firearm OCed on a motorcycle is considered concealed, then I doubt an openly displayed license (or badge) would be considered as notification/ being produced on lawful demand!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Chester County)

Nooo, I did not explain myself correctly.
    Clip MY LTCF on my belt. Not a badge to fake being a cop.
    Like a security badge to swipe to get in places.
    Ah, I get it now. I still don't know if I would want to keep it next to the gun, cause reaching for the LCTF could be confused with going for the gun.
    I do like the idea of having the LCTF readily accessible though.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LM4300 View Post
    Ah, I get it now. I still don't know if I would want to keep it next to the gun, cause reaching for the LCTF could be confused with going for the gun.
    I do like the idea of having the LCTF readily accessible though.

I would not have to give it anyone. I am stopped for a moving violation. I am asked if I have a LTCF on a motorized vehicle? Yes. No need to show it(by reaching for it). Was I stopped because of OCing or MV? Once I am stopped?
    It would stop, being stopped for OCing on a motorcycle!

If I have a LTCF they can see it. If I have one, no need tell them I am carrying(can be seen). It would be like PROVING I OWN THE GUN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast