Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default A "shout out" for great service Doylestown,PA sheriff's office (LTCF)

I [just] wanted to give credit where it's due and the Bucks county sheriff's office in Doylestown deserves a praise! My son and I went there yesterday with a form filled out and prepared to spend some time waiting for his first LTCF card. We were greeted by a pleasant woman that took his paperwork, $20 and looked at his license. I went to the bathroom and as soon as I came back she called my son's name for the photo. I sat down and 45 seconds or so later he came out smiling holding his brand new LTCF! Wow---a total of 3-5 minutes (if that) and very pleasant, nice people. Thank you!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Default Re: A "shout out" for great service Doylestown,PA sheriff's office (LTCF)

They are good there. Unfortunately I was running behind schedule the other day and didn't realize they moved to the new courthouse. Didn't get my renewal in as it was going to be after 4pm by the time I got in there. Going to go another day and much earlier.

Kind of disappointed though as I did not receive a renewal notice...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Delaware County)

Default Re: A "shout out" for great service Doylestown,PA sheriff's office (LTCF)

Excellent! I love hearing these kind of short but sweet stories. Congratulations to your boy on getting his LTCF! Rep'd.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

What time were you there?

(Northampton County)

We had a couple rallies down there a couple years ago, as many may remember. One on the courthouse site. They actually had Sheriff's deputies deployed in the crowd. Completely professional, obviously ready for anything, stayed out of it, and when people from Jersey complained about our guns they told them tough titties.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    What time were you there?
    I think it was 10:00 AM because we went to breakfast after.

(Berks County)

Glad to hear it Mikelets. It is what we have in Berks also. That's how it should be.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    We had a couple rallies down there a couple years ago, as many may remember. One on the courthouse site. They actually had Sheriff's deputies deployed in the crowd. Completely professional, obviously ready for anything, stayed out of it, and when people from Jersey complained about our guns they told them tough titties.
    Wait, you were there? Both rallies? I believe one was around Easter and the other in the fall where we marched around Doylestown---both were last minute counter rallies and we had 2X as many people. The heckling was the absolute best as it obviously distracted their speakers.

However, once again I'm perplexed that a rally that has so many guns no one got shot....I still don't understand how that happens.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Excellent! I love hearing these kind of short but sweet stories. Congratulations to your boy on getting his LTCF! Rep'd.
    He didn't want to drink or do any of that stuff, he drove home 6 hrs to get his LTCF. We've been preparing with discussions, range time, the do's and don'ts of carrying, etc. It was pretty cool that we could hang out and spend some time before he headed back to school.

BTW, we did the same thing and went to the old building. The new building is real nice, the guards there have a good sense of humor.

(Bucks County)

My son did the same. Came home from school and I took him for his LTCF and lunch.
    I was at those rallies. One memory is a lady in her car parked on the street rolling up her windows and locking her doors as we approached. I put a flyer under her wiper.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast