Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Bass fishing in Lancaster county

My wife has finally decided she wants to go fishing with me (it only took 30 years!) My goal is to find a fairly close place where she can land at least one largemouth to get her addicted. My question is: where in the area can we have the best chance of her catching fish? I don't own a boat so it must be shoreline fishing only.

I was told of Nolt's pond in New Holland but have never been there and don't know if it is private or not. Thanks for any assistance.

Default Re: Bass fishing in Lancaster county

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    My wife has finally decided she wants to go fishing with me (it only took 30 years!) My goal is to find a fairly close place where she can land at least one largemouth to get her addicted. My question is: where in the area can we have the best chance of her catching fish? I don't own a boat so it must be shoreline fishing only.

I was told of Nolt's pond in New Holland but have never been there and don't know if it is private or not. Thanks for any assistance.
    Where in Lancaster are you located? I do a lot of bass fishing. I'm in Gap (17527).

Here's a pic of a nice one I caught last week. It was my personal best. 21 inches, 5lbs 8oz..
    I tried holding it as close to my 5 year old daughter as I could for a size comparison but she was scared cause it was too big. Haha.

(Lancaster County)

I forgot about this thread and thanks for responding. We are in Akron and have been going locally to the Ephrata Twp. Community park and had luck with some smaller bass and bluegills. I'm mostly looking for somewhere to go for some quick trips, mostly due to my wife's work schedule.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I forgot to add: nice fish and cute daughter! My best is more like the 4lb. range.

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    I forgot about this thread and thanks for responding. We are in Akron and have been going locally to the Ephrata Twp. Community park and had luck with some smaller bass and bluegills. I'm mostly looking for somewhere to go for some quick trips, mostly due to my wife's work schedule.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I forgot to add: nice fish and cute daughter! My best is more like the 4lb. range.
    If I saw this post sooner I would've responded a lot sooner. I was big into fishing as a kid and teenager. Then, for whatever reason I stopped. Now that I have kids, I'm back into it so I can make some memories for me and them. It's always a fun time.

If you ever wanna make a day trip, look at the Paradise Pond on Route 30 in Paradise. It's just West of Route 30 / Belmont Road intersection. That's where I go every weekend. Always catching bass, crappie, blue gills, perch, sunnie and every once in a while I'll catch a carp. And, actually, just last week I caught a decent sized rainbow trout in there.

(Lancaster County)

I looked on a satellite map and found the pond you're talking about. Thanks for the tip and we're going to try it and see if we have any luck.

Taking your kids fishing/hiking/camping is great fun and while mine are grown, they both love the outdoors, partly because I took them often when they were younger. Keep it up.