Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 393 of 442 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 4414
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: New Member saying hello

It's too bad you moved away, there is a good place to shoot silhouettes at distances starting at 300 meters to beyond 1000 yards about 100 miles north of Pittsburgh.
    http://ridgwayrifleclub.com/photos%2...tos%202008.htm
    http://ridgwayrifleclub.com/
    I know people from Canada who go to Ridgway Rifle Club to shoot. There are people from all over the world who shoot there. (It must be nice to be able to afford to do that).
    They host NRA competitions there as well, it's a really nice facility.
    Last edited by mauser; March 21st, 2017 at 01:14 AM.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

New sign up right here, right now! My name is Robert, I'm in Waynesboro, Franklin County, PA. I got out of MD. about 10 years ago and never looked back! I have been interested in just about anything and everything gun, shooting, fishing, hiking and just about anything outdoors as far back as I can remember, which seems to be a little bit less every day. I am a CCW permit holder in PA., and I have owned, bought and sold more than a few handguns, shotguns, rifles, etc. I just picked up a new Sprindfield XD as my new concealed carry weapon, I admit the Springfield 'Gear Up' 2017 promotion played a part in my purchase. For anyone unaware of or interested in the promotion it is for 4 free magazines, holster and mag pouch with the purchase of any new Springfield Armory (Arms) pistol, its about $180 worth of FREE stuff and it runs through June of 2017, here is a link http://www.springfieldpromo.com/. Just incase anyone is looking for a place to shoot indoors our little town now has a range thanks to Hill Top Arms, yep right here in Waynesboro! Call for days and hours its a bit odd, they also have classes/courses from beginner to advanced covering all sorts of good gun stuff, I think its on their FB page. That's it, that's all I know! CHEERS!

(Berks County)

Welcome Robert. We look forward to your contributions.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

New member here. My name's Sean and I'm from Montgomery County. Not yet a PA Gun Owner, but planning on becoming one within the next few months.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCARshooter View Post
    New member here. My name's Sean and I'm from Montgomery County. Not yet a PA Gun Owner, but planning on becoming one within the next few months.
    Good stuff. What purpose will your first gun serve? Looking for a pistol or rifle?
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Franklin County)

Thank you Mr. Grand Member Sir, bowing down in respect...I cant believe I've been here 10 years and just now found this group! I was accepted into the FB group overnight as well so thanks to all.
    CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Good stuff. What purpose will your first gun serve? Looking for a pistol or rifle?
    Looking for a rifle as I'm still ineligible to purchase handguns due to age requirements. Mainly going to be a range toy. Will also serve as a survival rifle in the likelihood a SHTF situation does happen, though i doubt the need for that. Just looking to exercise my constitutional rights and have some fun in the process.

(Franklin County)

Welcome Sean, looks like we are both the newest members, check out the PAFOA FB page also. I spent a lot of time working in Montgomery County, German Town, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Mt.Airy and all around those areas as well as Carroll, Frederick and Baltimore counties so I know all too well the PITB that Maryland has become with regards to handgun ownership. When I bought my 1st handgun way back when, my MD. "training" was a 20 min. VHS (yes it was that long ago) video and I think there were 5 or 10 questions relating to the video, I was talking to a friend in MD. last week and it seems they have made it much more difficult to purchase a handgun if you never have before. That and not being part of the Insta-check system, seems to me MD. wants to pretend to be California and just make things annoying to the point that it just discourages people from gun ownership, I say don't let them win, jump through all the hoops that could easily be updated/replaced, take your training course (this is a good idea for everyone in general) and work through a system designed to defeat you, the law abiding everyday Joe. That 1st purchase of mine was at The Gun Shack in Mt. Airy now that I think about it and I bought a Ruger P95, which I still have though I am probably going to sell it with the purchase I recently made. Is there such a thing as too many guns? I doubt it. Is there a classified section here? Probably, I will look into that, welcome once again!
    Last edited by RP709; March 25th, 2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: grammar & punctuation
    CHEERS!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCARshooter View Post
    Looking for a rifle as I'm still ineligible to purchase handguns due to age requirements. Mainly going to be a range toy. Will also serve as a survival rifle in the likelihood a SHTF situation does happen, though i doubt the need for that. Just looking to exercise my constitutional rights and have some fun in the process.
    Are you over 18? I'm not hitting on you.

(Chester County)

Bro... why are you lighting up this thread? Your avatar is enough to scare the newbs away, let alone your screen name.

Page 393 of 442 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403 ... LastLast