Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 415 of 442 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4414

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Welcome

(Chester County)

Hello Fellow gun lovers! I have a question about law and I am not sure where to post it. I plead guilty to a 1st degree misdemeanor (Criminal conspiracy to receiving stolen property 1st offense) and I was wondering if any one knows if that will prevent me from buy a firearm. I asked 2 lawyers and got 2 different answers. I am hoping for clarity. Thanks for any help! ((Sorry if this is not the place but I cannot seem to post anywhere else))

Good morning, all. Just stopping in to say hello. Didn’t realize this tread existed.

Wondering if there is a way to let someone know that you’ve read their reply without replying with an actual post. A couple times now, I’ve posted, someone has answered, and I don’t feel the need for a post to say ‘thank you’ or similar. Seems redundant to me, but I also think it’s be nice to give a small nod of approval to them to let them know message received.

Thank you for an awesome resource. I’ve just recently joined, but have been a long time user of the resources in this forum.

(Berks County)

Welcome Bilky, You could respond using the REP button. It is located on the bottom bar of said post to the left. It is a six-sided star. That will open a small pop-up in which you could add a short statement or just a Thank You.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Total1Newbie View Post
    Hello Fellow gun lovers! I have a question about law and I am not sure where to post it. I plead guilty to a 1st degree misdemeanor (Criminal conspiracy to receiving stolen property 1st offense) and I was wondering if any one knows if that will prevent me from buy a firearm. I asked 2 lawyers and got 2 different answers. I am hoping for clarity. Thanks for any help! ((Sorry if this is not the place but I cannot seem to post anywhere else))
    What was the maximum penalty you could have received?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    What was the maximum penalty you could have received?
    I am not sure. Where would I find that information? I have looked up the crime but I have had no luck finding the maximum penalty. The crime was :1st degree misdemeanor (Criminal conspiracy to receiving stolen property 1st offense)

(Delaware County)

I am not sure. Where would I find that information? I have looked up the crime but I have had no luck finding the maximum penalty. The crime was :1st degree misdemeanor (Criminal conspiracy to receiving stolen property 1st offense)
    I did a quick search and could not find the max penalty. It gets confusing. You could contact a lawyer who is well versed in the gun laws and have a consultation. It should not cost all that much and will be money well spent. If you can get a copy of the paperwork associated with your case it would probably be a simple matter that would only take a few minutes to figure out.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

I may be wrong, but I believe court records are public record(unless sealed by a judge). So you should be able to do a public records request on the court documents. I don’t know the cost to get the whole file, but if it’s excessive, you should be able to specify the exact information you seek. Although wouldn’t be a bad idea to have the entire file for your personal records.

Or perhaps speak to your lawyer if you had one during that time.

(Westmoreland County)

Hey everyone. My name is Jim. I've been a long time reader of the forum and decided to join since I'm getting more into firearms. I am pretty new to guns and have only been shooting for about a year. I'm quite interested in the mechanics of guns, gunsmithing, refinishing and restoring, as well as collecting. Of course I'm interested in shooting and self defense, but for me, these are secondary to my love of the firearms themselves.

I look forward to contributing what I can and to hopefully making some friends. Maybe even find some people to go out and shoot with in the Pittsburgh area!

(Berks County)

Welcome to the forum, Jim. Glad to have you on board.

Page 415 of 442 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425 ... LastLast