Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 441 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Came here from AR15.com. Very happy to see this forum
    I'm near Montrose, PA. Shooting mostly on the farm where I live. However, the in-laws own the farm and are only somewhat tolerant of the noise. I may have found a range, in nearby Binghamton, NY, that allows for more "practical" shooting than the local Rod and Gun clubs.
    Also hoping to take a Tactical Carbine course this Summer if I can get time off from the hospital where I work.
    I'd be afraid to step into NY with any of my guns, who knows what's legal there. Ironically I grew up in NY for 15 years (pre gun hobby)

Welcome to the forum Tony.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

I'll show my age now. I grew up in Brooklyn in the '50's and '60's and remember riding the subway alone to a public range in the basement of a building in lower Manhattan. I carried a Remington .22 auto in a green cloth case and a box of Remington ammo in my pocket. As I recall, I never got a second look from anyone. Times have changed, hey?

John C

(Susquehanna County)

Default PA to NY

I grew up in Reading, PA in the 50's and remember myself and a friend riding a city bus out to a quarry to practice with our .22's. Took them on the bus unconcealed and no one batted an eye. Yes, time have changed indeed!
    I think I'm OK to take my long guns into NY but not my hand guns unless I have a NYS pistol permit.

(Clinton County)

Thumbs up

Nice forum here. HH13 shared the link over at Beretta Forum. Live in Clinton County, in between Williamsport and Lock Haven. Enjoy the outdoors and shooting. Just went out last weekend to a cabin with my son and some friends.

Do most of my shooting at Consolidated Sportsman of Lycoming County. I will be trying a new indoor range in Williamsport that will be opening in a few weeks.

(Lehigh County)

Hello.

Saw the link on the other site and here I'm. Nice place.

No Lehigh County forum members?.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRider
    Hello.

Saw the link on the other site and here I'm. Nice place.

No Lehigh County forum members?.
    You've got one friend so far from Lehigh: TSLtrek

Welcome to the forums SeaRider!
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Lehigh County)

Default New member in Lehigh

Hey all, I just saw this link on ar15.com and decided to join. Always glad to associate and meet other 2nd Amendment Enthusiasts in the area.

Regards,
    Mickey

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey223
    Hey all, I just saw this link on ar15.com and decided to join. Always glad to associate and meet other 2nd Amendment Enthusiasts in the area.

Regards,
    Mickey
    Welcome to the forum mickey, I hope you enjoy your stay and find it useful! We're picking up members fast.

(Philadelphia County)

Hey, all. I just joined the other day. Born and raised in NE Philly. Someone posted a note about this forum at 1911forum.com ("getthedogs" there; not sure who he or she is here). Some may recognize my name from other boards. I use the same name at TheFiringLine.com; TheHighRoad.org; 1911 Forum.com and smith-wessonforum.com.
    I've had a lifelong interest in guns, mainly handguns, which got started watching cowboy and WWII movies with my Dad as a kid. After many years my interests are pretty much narrowed down to S+W revos and 1911's after years of going through the other "normal phases of gun ownership". (High-cap nines, 40's for modern firepower, and a few "mouse-gun" pocket autos in .22; .25; .32 and most recently .380.) My small collection is now made up of only "J" and "K"-framed Smiths and a couple 1911's.
    I don't shoot as much as I'd like and I buy/sell/trade more than I should but I enjoy participating in the various boards and look forward to spending more time on this one.

Be Safe.
    Jim

(Lackawanna County)

Default Hello from Northeast PA

I found out about this site because it was posted by Headhunter13 on the Beretta Forum. I thought I would drop in and check it out.

I'm from Waverly, PA and shoot at the Factoryville Sportsman's Club.

I like Beretta pistols and have a mini Cougar in 9mm and a Inox (stainless steel) 92 FS.

Page 6 of 441 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast