Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 394 of 441 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 4410
    (Berks County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Bro... why are you lighting up this thread? Your avatar is enough to scare the newbs away, let alone your screen name.
    It's part 1 of my 12 step program to stop being a jerk. I don't think I'll make it all 12 steps.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RP709 View Post
    Welcome Sean, looks like we are both the newest members, check out the PAFOA FB page also. I spent a lot of time working in Montgomery County, German Town, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Mt.Airy and all around those areas as well as Carroll, Frederick and Baltimore counties so I know all too well the PITB that Maryland has become with regards to handgun ownership. When I bought my 1st handgun way back when, my MD. "training" was a 20 min. VHS (yes it was that long ago) video and I think there were 5 or 10 questions relating to the video, I was talking to a friend in MD. last week and it seems they have made it much more difficult to purchase a handgun if you never have before. That and not being part of the Insta-check system, seems to me MD. wants to pretend to be California and just make things annoying to the point that it just discourages people from gun ownership, I say don't let them win, jump through all the hoops that could easily be updated/replaced, take your training course (this is a good idea for everyone in general) and work through a system designed to defeat you, the law abiding everyday Joe. That 1st purchase of mine was at The Gun Shack in Mt. Airy now that I think about it and I bought a Ruger P95, which I still have though I am probably going to sell it with the purchase I recently made. Is there such a thing as too many guns? I doubt it. Is there a classified section here? Probably, I will look into that, welcome once again!

Last edited by RP709; March 25th, 2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: grammar & punctuation
    Now work on paragraphs... I think Sean is in Montgomery county PA, so he does not have to jump thru those hoops, but I like your approach! Welcome to poofa as we like to call it. And yes there is a classifieds section, it is strongly recommended to read the rules so you can set an example for all the old timers who do not.
    Last edited by gghbi; March 25th, 2017 at 10:35 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    It's part 1 of my 12 step program to stop being a jerk. I don't think I'll make it all 12 steps.
    I think you maybe just blew step 1... :-)
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCARshooter View Post
    Looking for a rifle as I'm still ineligible to purchase handguns due to age requirements. Mainly going to be a range toy. Will also serve as a survival rifle in the likelihood a SHTF situation does happen, though i doubt the need for that. Just looking to exercise my constitutional rights and have some fun in the process.
    Welcome, SCARshooter.

Just keep those goals well in mind: It's easy for 'range toy' guns to quickly become less-than-practical as a SHTF weapon... e.g. how much good is that fancy red-dot sight gonna do you when you can't just run to the local CVS for another CR2029 battery?

Not saying you can't have your cake and eat it too. I got my share of red-dots and illuminated scopes and toys... But always keep BOTH purposes in mind: like make sure you a) don't toss and b) learn how to shoot your iron sights too.

Just sayin.

KC
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Are you over 18? I'm not hitting on you.
    I am 18. Need to wait a few years for sidearms.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Welcome, SCARshooter.

Just keep those goals well in mind: It's easy for 'range toy' guns to quickly become less-than-practical as a SHTF weapon... e.g. how much good is that fancy red-dot sight gonna do you when you can't just run to the local CVS for another CR2029 battery?

Not saying you can't have your cake and eat it too. I got my share of red-dots and illuminated scopes and toys... But always keep BOTH purposes in mind: like make sure you a) don't toss and b) learn how to shoot your iron sights too.

Just sayin.

KC
    I am a very paractical minded person. Not gonna have 5lbs or crap hanging off my rifle. It wont even have a fore grip of any kind, just the handguard. Going to have an optic, change out the pistol grip and stock to an Ergo and MOE rifle stock that i already own, BUIS, QD sling mount, and maybe a bipod. No electronic components. Just a reliable all around set up, at least thats the plan.

(Franklin County)

Paragraphs lol, nope one big run on multi topic approach just like my life!
    CHEERS!

(Franklin County)

DUNE!
    CHEERS!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCARshooter View Post
    I am 18. Need to wait a few years for sidearms.
    Not necessarily. You just can't buy through an ffl.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by RP709 View Post
    Paragraphs lol, nope one big run on multi topic approach just like my life!
    I like to refer to my life as a continuing saga, so kind of a run on, but some folks here are simple and need short paragraphs.

(Montgomery County)

Hey guys just signed up tonight from west philly ran across the forum looking at laws carrying whats an what nots have a few debates with the father inlaw on certain situation..... Like what ifs looked on here and im winning the debate no metal to earn but just to know i would be in the right..... IF!!!. I did post in the general section first but getting use to the forum where too post looking forward to talking with you guys and i do go to the range with the wife or by myself 9th springarden and delaware county thats cheaper wed or thurs hit me up looking to purchase g19 for my first cc the wife wants 380 day 18 of 45 ccp ccw ill get better on the lingo lol

Page 394 of 441 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404 ... LastLast