Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 392 of 442 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4414
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: New Member saying hello

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I know how you feel. Our monster is almost a year and a half and up to 120 lbs.

He's still not near done filling out. His poops are epic.

Attachment 94840
    He looks like a comfortable and happy dog who is well taken care of.
    Congratulations on having such a loving "person" in your family.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Hey all, FNG here.

Active duty military currently in NC and have orders to NY, which sucks to own guns in I hear. I found a few ranges within 2 hours that look very nice, so hopefully I find a storage solution and can keep some of my NY-illegal firearms and gear.

Happy I found this association.

Quote Originally Posted by HerkBubba View Post
    Hey all, FNG here.

Active duty military currently in NC and have orders to NY, which sucks to own guns in I hear. I found a few ranges within 2 hours that look very nice, so hopefully I find a storage solution and can keep some of my NY-illegal firearms and gear.

Happy I found this association.

I have a place you can keep them if you are willing to make the drive. Yes I am serious!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Hey gang. New guy here from the great state of Indiana.

I was born and raised in central PA but officially became a Hoosier a little more than a decade ago. It's here that my gun collection started and the sickness with all things firearm-related began.

I'm very active on the Indiana Gun Owners site (INGO) and I lurk around here from time to time to check up on PA related gun laws, reciprocity and the like since I still have family and friends in PA and I come home a couple of times a year. I figure it's high time I joined up officially to keep tabs what's happing gun-wise in my home state. Hopefully I can coordinate a visit back when there is a meet-and-shoot happening. I look forward to getting to know everybody.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Hey gang. New guy here from the great state of Indiana.

I was born and raised in central PA but officially became a Hoosier a little more than a decade ago. It's here that my gun collection started and the sickness with all things firearm-related began.

I'm very active on the Indiana Gun Owners site (INGO) and I lurk around here from time to time to check up on PA related gun laws, reciprocity and the like since I still have family and friends in PA and I come home a couple of times a year. I figure it's high time I joined up officially to keep tabs what's happing gun-wise in my home state. Hopefully I can coordinate a visit back when there is a meet-and-shoot happening. I look forward to getting to know everybody.
    Welcome to PAFOA! What part of "central Pa. are you from? it seems like anywhere further than 5 miles from any state border is called "central". I was born & raised in what I thought was the northwestern part of the state, (Elk County), and found myself in what I thought was more south eastern Pa,. (Lebanon County). Completely different regions, but both considered "Central".

(Berks County)

I look forward to getting to know everybody.
    That'll change.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Berks County)

Hey gang. Neo. It's here that my gun collection started and the sickness with all things firearm-related began.
    ////////
    Hopefully I can coordinate a visit back when there is a meet-and-shoot happening. I look forward to getting to know everybody.
    So what is better? A 1911 or a Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Welcome to PAFOA! What part of "central Pa. are you from? it seems like anywhere further than 5 miles from any state border is called "central". I was born & raised in what I thought was the northwestern part of the state, (Elk County), and found myself in what I thought was more south eastern Pa,. (Lebanon County). Completely different regions, but both considered "Central".
    Grew up in Camp Hill. Went to school in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    That'll change.
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    So what is better? A 1911 or a Glock?
    I'm a Glock guy but I like 1911s too. Just don't own one yet. I'm also not ashamed to admit I carry a 9mm. The HK VP9 is my new obsession and will likely be my next handgun purchase.

I started getting into guns through pistol shooting, but now my long guns out number my handguns nearly 3 - 1. I got hooked on rifle shooting after taking a Revere's Rider basic rifle class (similar to an Appleseed) and I am just starting to get into longer range shooting.

(Lebanon County)

So you are accustomed to "city life" in Pa. and not "rural life". Maybe you had a chance to get out to some farmland and "woodsy areas" for some growing up time.
    Be careful with that long range shooting stuff, it's addictive. Once you start you just want to go "another 100 yards" until you either catch up to the best or reach the limits of your equipment. (If you have a bad case of it, you'll want to upgrade your equipment until you can no longer afford to pursue your dream). It is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    So you are accustomed to "city life" in Pa. and not "rural life". Maybe you had a chance to get out to some farmland and "woodsy areas" for some growing up time.
    Be careful with that long range shooting stuff, it's addictive. Once you start you just want to go "another 100 yards" until you either catch up to the best or reach the limits of your equipment. (If you have a bad case of it, you'll want to upgrade your equipment until you can no longer afford to pursue your dream). It is a lot of fun.
    I did a bit of squirrel and deer hunting as a kid. I also grew up doing field trials and running bird dogs with my Dad when I was very young, but yeah, I'm mostly a city boy. Self defense and personal protection was the primary reason I started getting into handguns.

So far I haven't gone past 200 yards, but I just finished an AR SPR build that I will start breaking in this spring. I plan to do a weekend field rifle or known distance shoot sometime in the near future. I'm still learning on iron sights.

Page 392 of 442 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402 ... LastLast