Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 384 of 442 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4414

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Hi, Currently live in the People's Republic of Maryland. Hoping to relocate to the Keystone state someday, soon. I truly believe in the 2nd Amendment.

Hello everyone. I've just bought my first revolver a couple of months ago. I own several long guns and a little 380 that I carry, but this revolver got me looking into reloading, and buying bullets, and well, here I am. I must say you represent yourselves very well as gun owners, courteous, professional, polite, knowledgeable, and willing to mentor. I look forward to contributing where I can but I expect I will be reading and asking more that I will be answering or opining.

I don't know much about forum software, so please forgive my gaffes in advance, feel free to advise. I have a leg up on most newbies, I did read the rules.

(Luzerne County)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bwdavis59 View Post
    I must say you represent yourselves very well as gun owners, courteous, professional, polite, knowledgeable, and willing to mentor.
    That's the single most accurate description of me that I have ever read. You must have read all of my posts.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    That's the single most accurate description of me that I have ever read. You must have read all of my posts.
    They're required reading, right?

Bruce

When everyone is armed, you end up with a polite society.

Default Hi from Waynesboro

I didn't see a new member introduction area, so I'll do it here.

I've only lived in carry states since I was an adult. A lot of classes. When I lived in NH, wish that I could have taken a LFI course at Ayoob's place. Since I started carrying, it's always been a full size 1911. Currently a Kimber CDP. I posted a lot in a New England forum, where most people were open to opinions that they didn't agree with; some were jerks after my last post and I haven't returned. While living in NH I went to Reno, NV to do a couple year contract. The out of state permit required a written course (serious joke), range, fingerprints and background check. All together still only took about a month to receive. I was lucky to work with at least one person that carried. We both locked our handguns in our cars, but didn't bother removing holsters and full mag pouches. No one seemed to care. Loved to just go out into the desert with targets, fruit, old slot machines ... anything. Great time. Unfortunately, the forum out there had moderator's that were very touchy. One made a post that a 1911 should be carried in condition 0? I told him that IMO he was a bit asinine if that was he belief. I was immediately banned, and all of my posts were deleted. Given his screen name of "NV Titan", I thought that he's have a bigger set. But, his feelings were hurt, and tears probably flowed.

How the moderators here stand for hurt feelings is something I'll have to see. New England forum was pretty lax, given the number of states, and difference in laws involved. But other than a few thread disputes, I was never approached by a moderator. But my last post there, where I said that I kept an eye on a patron in a restaurant in Chambersburg when he flashed his sidearm for everyone to see ... I received a lot of bad feedback from other members. Except for a couple mods who said most of them had never had shots fired at them, so just ignore it.

The overwhelming belief that I've read/found from many people that carry is that if they see a print then the person is good? Given that a clown walked into a Walmart that I shopped at in Reno and killed a few people ... I keep my eyes open. Strange? I don't think so.

Default Re: Hi from Waynesboro

Welcome to the forum. I've driven through Waynesboro a few times.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Hi from Waynesboro

Quote Originally Posted by Secesh View Post
    I didn't see a new member introduction area, so I'll do it here.

I've only lived in carry states since I was an adult. A lot of classes. When I lived in NH, wish that I could have taken a LFI course at Ayoob's place. Since I started carrying, it's always been a full size 1911. Currently a Kimber CDP. I posted a lot in a New England forum, where most people were open to opinions that they didn't agree with; some were jerks after my last post and I haven't returned. While living in NH I went to Reno, NV to do a couple year contract. The out of state permit required a written course (serious joke), range, fingerprints and background check. All together still only took about a month to receive. I was lucky to work with at least one person that carried. We both locked our handguns in our cars, but didn't bother removing holsters and full mag pouches. No one seemed to care. Loved to just go out into the desert with targets, fruit, old slot machines ... anything. Great time. Unfortunately, the forum out there had moderator's that were very touchy. One made a post that a 1911 should be carried in condition 0? I told him that IMO he was a bit asinine if that was he belief. I was immediately banned, and all of my posts were deleted. Given his screen name of "NV Titan", I thought that he's have a bigger set. But, his feelings were hurt, and tears probably flowed.

How the moderators here stand for hurt feelings is something I'll have to see. New England forum was pretty lax, given the number of states, and difference in laws involved. But other than a few thread disputes, I was never approached by a moderator. But my last post there, where I said that I kept an eye on a patron in a restaurant in Chambersburg when he flashed his sidearm for everyone to see ... I received a lot of bad feedback from other members. Except for a couple mods who said most of them had never had shots fired at them, so just ignore it.

The overwhelming belief that I've read/found from many people that carry is that if they see a print then the person is good? Given that a clown walked into a Walmart that I shopped at in Reno and killed a few people ... I keep my eyes open. Strange? I don't think so.
    Welcome the the site. Yes, this is the proper intro section.

I am sure that it won't take you too long to straighten out our moderators. We do need someone here to advise them on how to do their job...

(Philadelphia County)

Hello Forum,

My name is Gary. I'm a Philly lifer, Villanova alum with a background in business and education. I'm a huge sports fan, but a complete newby when it comes to firearms. I discovered this site while trying to get as much information as I could. You folks have a wealth of knowledge and I have learned a lot. So I decided to register. I'm interested in home defense, CC, and range shooting. My first piece is on the way to my chosen FFL from Buds. It's a SAR K2P, a 9mm 16+1 CZ clone. I did a lot of research on handguns and this seemed like a well made budget option where I could learn the fundamentals with manageable recoil. My LTCF application was filed with PPD on May 24th. And I will be adding some better CC options once a have a firm grasp of the basics and I get my LTCF. Feel free to offer tips, CC options, range recommendations, or any other useful information. I know I have a lot to learn.

Thanks and Best Wishes!!

(Northampton County)

Howdy all. Viewed the forum before, but figured it was past time I joined. Got referred here by Donley's in Quakertown. I have some items that I am looking to sell, and he recommended posting here to see if there was any interest locally before going to other venues. I'll get them listed as soon as I'm able.

Page 384 of 442 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434 ... LastLast