Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 368 of 442 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 4414
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Hey everyone, my names tom. I have been looking around this sight for a few weeks and I decided to join up. I am 22 and enjoy my guns, mostly old battle rifles and c&r firearms. I do not have the money to build the collection I dream of but I am trying. I enjoy target shooting mostly and used to hunt when I was younger but not anymore. I plan to start hunting again when I get the time but it may not be to soon. I would realy like to meet new people who can teach me about c&r firearms and how to do some minor gunsmith work as well as other things like building aks and other stuff.
    I know this is not the place but I have been searching for Sks rifles mainly russian and Romanian at a reasonable price. I love the Sks but people are insane about the prices!

(Bradford County)

Hey - - I've signed up; I'd like to see PAFOA become much more active.

I think the forum BBcode style inhibits that though.

Check out /r/guns, /r/gunpolitics, and /r/progun on reddit.com

They're super, super active, and I think adopting a subreddit would be a good idea.

(Montgomery County)

Hey everyone! This site is fantastic and I just started looking around. I am 32 years old, I live in Lower Gwynedd - Montgomery County, and have been into firearms for the past few years. I am a big fan of Glocks and just purchased my first AR yesterday, a S&W MP 15 tactical in 5.56.

Looking forward to meeting some good people on here.

-Maximus

(Chester County)

ello ello

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Hey All! New to the Forum - not entirely new to firearms. This is a good source of info - think I'll enjoy it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Adams County)

Looks like I'll be a resident by next week. Getting the keys to the new place on Friday, and will be taking the day off next Thursday to make the trip up to Hburg to the full PennDOT office to do the title/registration transfer, insurance transfer, and new licenses all in one fell swoop. Though I'll still be commuting to The People's Republic of Maryland, albeit in a fairly conservative area (Carroll County) - it will be solace to finally be able to hang my hat in America.

After my wife and I get our vehicles and licenses squared away, our next stop is registering to vote, then I'll apply for the LTCF. Looking like this election season is going to be rather interesting in my new home. I'll be keeping an eye on things and looking forward to exchanging information here.

Quote Originally Posted by Multifaceted View Post
    Looks like I'll be a resident by next week. Getting the keys to the new place on Friday, and will be taking the day off next Thursday to make the trip up to Hburg to the full PennDOT office to do the title/registration transfer, insurance transfer, and new licenses all in one fell swoop. Though I'll still be commuting to The People's Republic of Maryland, albeit in a fairly conservative area (Carroll County) - it will be solace to finally be able to hang my hat in America.

After my wife and I get our vehicles and licenses squared away, our next stop is registering to vote, then I'll apply for the LTCF. Looking like this election season is going to be rather interesting in my new home. I'll be keeping an eye on things and looking forward to exchanging information here.
    Congratulations my friend!

If you posted this on mdshooters.com, I must have missed it. I hope you will continue to be an active member there, you are truly a valuable member, as I know you will be on pafoa.org as well.

Enjoy freedom!!

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by eruby View Post
    Congratulations my friend!

If you posted this on mdshooters.com, I must have missed it. I hope you will continue to be an active member there, you are truly a valuable member, as I know you will be on pafoa.org as well.

Enjoy freedom!!
    Thank you, good sir!

I actually haven't made a post about on MDS, and probably won't. Those who have tend to lend a kind of "rubbing it in" effect on other users who can't leave. I will still be posting on MDS, but made an account here to become more abreast of issues within the Commonwealth, i.e., legislation, events, rallies, etc. Hopefully I'll see you at the next Carroll County Meetup in the fall... pretty sure Mopar or Lou posted about it recently. Either way, cheers and good luck on your fundraiser!

Default Re: HELP FINDING DAD'S WAR TROPHY

Gents, Ladies,

My name is James Skonieczny. My brothers and I are on what I realize is a pretty impossible mission to locate the Chinese Type 53 Mosin Nagant that my father brought back from Vietnam, hoping to surprise him with it.

I was born and raised just outside of Pittsburgh, PA in Economy Borough, Beaver County. My parents and most of my family are still in the area. My dad is an Army Vietnam vet, I'm an Air Force OIF vet, my brother Beau is currently active duty Air Force, and my other brother Justin is a US Marine Corp OIF vet. In a recent discussion, the existence of my dad's Mosin war trophy came up. Turns out in the mid 80s when times were tough as my parents were beginning a family, my dad pawned his rifle at Young's Pawn and Jewelry in Rochester Township. Unfortunately, they do not have any record of the transaction. One of the avenues my brothers and I are pursuing in an attempt to track the rifle down is posting in various Internet forums in the hope that someone miraculously may have it and be willing to sell it. I have a copy of my dad's DD Form 603 War Trophy Authorization.

The serial number is F9558.

If anyone has any information about this rifle or any ideas to offer about how to track it down, I'd be very appreciative. I can be reached at:
    james.skonieczny@yahoo.com
    757-593-3310

Hey guys,

I'm John, I live in the people's republic currently, but I am about set to get a job in pa, and make the move.

I'm going to be more active as the time nears, and I'll be working near Reading.

I have to move up this way in the next month or so. I'm hoping that you guys can help point me in the right direction for housing, and gun ranges.

Page 368 of 442 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast