Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 354 of 442 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4414
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Hello Everyone Im new to the firearms world im getting my first Rifle next month (HOPEFULLY) a couple people from my fire department pointed me here ...although I have a few questions regarding the rifle im getting and laws ....can anyone tell me if theres a limit on how much you can carry ...the weapon im getting is a Sig Sauer M400 anyone know if its any good for first timer I plan on using it for target practice and maybe possibly to hunt id like to try that for once in my life....what will I need in order to obtain this rifle like what is the law behind it do I need to fill anything out if so what and were can I go to start .... im from the Bethlehem area are there any places close by that I can go target shooting or hunting ...sorry for all these questions im just a bit excited to start

Talking Re: Hi ALL--I been gone for some months but wanted to say hello

Hi All,

Wanted to say HI to everyone. I have been gone for a while working on other things and wanted to get back have family on the East coast in NJ and PA.

Meureserve

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by getdamaged787 View Post
    Hello Everyone Im new to the firearms world im getting my first Rifle next month (HOPEFULLY) a couple people from my fire department pointed me here ...although I have a few questions regarding the rifle im getting and laws ....can anyone tell me if theres a limit on how much you can carry ...the weapon im getting is a Sig Sauer M400 anyone know if its any good for first timer I plan on using it for target practice and maybe possibly to hunt id like to try that for once in my life....what will I need in order to obtain this rifle like what is the law behind it do I need to fill anything out if so what and were can I go to start .... im from the Bethlehem area are there any places close by that I can go target shooting or hunting ...sorry for all these questions im just a bit excited to start
    Welcome. You need to check the hunting regulations, as the Sig is semi auto (I believe) and as such, not legal for hunting in PA.
    If buying online, it will need to be shipped to a FFL.
    You will have to fill a PICS card, and wait for the FFL to call Harrisburg, to be sure you're not "prohibited". No waiting period, no special license.
    Congrats.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Chester County)

Just purchased my first handgun, a G23 a few months ago… have had my LTCF since 12/2011, but took a while to get the gun. Now i am planning my next few purchases.

First challenge was overcoming my wife’s lack of comfort with having one around (even though here mother always had one)… one of the things that made it more acceptable was some “stuff” that was going on near our home in the poconos… apparently the more rural areas make it easy for those in the meth trade to fly under the radar a little bit… well actually, it’s the state police a good 30 mins away that makes it easy to never get caught… so, after watching them blatantly trespass on the community lake/beach and exchange money, I felt a little less safe. My plan is to not get involved unless it’s to protect my family. Hopefully it never gets there and its cleaned up before it gets any worse…

Still trying to convince my wife to get her permit and carry… she likes to go for walks up there, but fortunately she take the 90lb pit bull with her… fortunately he looks “scary” because in reality he is actually scared of his own shadow, literally! But, he is protective when it comes down to it… he is her version of open carry as a deterrent… either way, I want her to carry. Finally got her to come out to the range the other day, but she wouldn’t shoot… I’m not giving up yet.

Now I need to work on getting Utah ccw so I can go into Delaware legally… as I have to go there a lot as is.

Thanks for your help and I have enjoyed lurking for a while now…

(York County)

New handgun owner and permit to carry from York county. So much to learn -- cheers!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bensode View Post
    New handgun owner and permit to carry from York county. So much to learn -- cheers!

Welcome! And you're right, there can be a lot to learn. So jump in!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

That's right, jump in and we will all help.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Hello everyone, just joined the forum. My name's Dave and I live in West Norriton. Honestly I have no idea why it took me so long to join, I've known about the site for ages.

Anyway, glad to be here and hope to learn a lot, and of course I'll help out with responses as I can.

Have a good one!
    Dave

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fightorflightdavid View Post
    Hello everyone, just joined the forum. My name's Dave and I live in West Norriton. Honestly I have no idea why it took me so long to join, I've known about the site for ages.

Anyway, glad to be here and hope to learn a lot, and of course I'll help out with responses as I can.

Have a good one!
    Dave
    Hi Dave! I grew up on Liberty Avenue before moving to Pottstown. Welcome to the forums! I've been inactive for a while but figured it's time to start participating again.

(Bucks County)

Hello everyone, my name's Mike. The wife (glock 19) and I (ruger sr40c) just bought our first guns last week. Looking forward to joining the community and learning a lot. We're living in the Newtown area of bucks county.

Page 354 of 442 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404 ... LastLast