Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 326 of 442 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4414
    (Erie County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Welcome to all.
    Brsims, you should be able to handle every rifle before you purchase, try Dunhams, they have a lot in stock.
    Go north a little to Edinboro Outdoors, they also have a large selection.
    Over towards Conneaut Lake, Bills Gun Shop has a lot.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Lehigh County)

Hi!
    Ten chars

(Elk County)

Made an intro in the Elk County forum but figured I'd post up in here as well. My name is Justin and I have been a CCW permit holder for 7 years now and carry on a daily basis. Currently own a Sig Sauer P250 full-size and compact both chambered in 9mm. I just recently purchased a Rock Island Armory M1911 A1 with full tactical rail. I have owned numerous handguns from many manufacturers from Ruger, Taurus, Springfield Armory, etc. and I love to shoot at my local sports men's club.

(Cambria County)

WELCOME ALL NEW "members".!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

Hello all. My name is Chris. I'm from NY, please don't hold that against me. Found the site when Lomg island firearms had the thread about "we moved here to get away from guns.." My inlaws live in PA, bucks county and I visit frequently. Any suggestions for some good ranges next time I'm in town?

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Welcome to all.
    Brsims, you should be able to handle every rifle before you purchase, try Dunhams, they have a lot in stock.
    Go north a little to Edinboro Outdoors, they also have a large selection.
    Over towards Conneaut Lake, Bills Gun Shop has a lot.
    In my defense, I bought the 30-30 sight unseen from a neighbor who no longer had any use for it. I didn't know beans from rifles then, and know even less now.

I decided to start a little smaller and stick with a pistol for now. Once I get my accuracy more reliable with my pistol (I'm shooting for the same level of accuracy I get from my bow or pellet rifle, and I'm pretty damned deadly with both within reasonable ranges), I'm going to look into another rifle. I just know that my next rifle most likely won't be a Glenfield or Marlin .30-30. Not because of any deficiencies with either weapon, but due to personal comfort when shooting.

I really liked my Glenfield! Clean lines, beautiful stock, very well maintained. I just couldn't get it into a comfortable hold position against my shoulder. Part of that may have been attributed to my height and build. Let's face it, it's all but impossible for every gun to be perfectly comfortable for every person.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dismount View Post
    Hello all. My name is Chris. I'm from NY, please don't hold that against me. Found the site when Lomg island firearms had the thread about "we moved here to get away from guns.." My inlaws live in PA, bucks county and I visit frequently. Any suggestions for some good ranges next time I'm in town?
    I live in Bucks County but have only started shooting targets in the last few years, Target World in Hatfield has an 25 yard indoor range for handguns and basically .22 rifles, the only public rifle range I have heard about is Wicen's, east of Doylestown they have a website with the rules and rates. I have not heard of one in lower Bucks. Bucks is shotgun only for hunting.
    Donald A. Jones

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rider4Life01 View Post
    New guy here, from Franklin County....

Hey guys, I moved to PA from communist MD back in September, boy is it good to be in America.

Im currently the owner of:

Glock 22 .40 cal Gen 4
    S&W M&P Compact .40 cal
    FNH FNX-9mm Stainless slide

Bushmaster Optics ready AR-15 .223/5.56

Remington 870 Tactical pump action 12 guage w/ flash supressor

many other hunting rifles that are somewhat boring.

I recently got my LTCF and ordered a Desantis IWB holster.

I look forward to meeting new shooters and spending lots of time reading and learning on this site.

Bill
    Are their any deer in the People's Republic of Maryland ? The hunting in the Poconos really sucks and I'm thinking of defecting . I can be bought for four hooves and a white tail .

(Lycoming County)

Hello all, my name is Garrett and I will be using the username Helghast4life. I hail from Williamsport, PA and go to school in Rochester, NY. I am a gamer, but that does not mean I do not know my firearms. Killzone was one of my favorites, and the sequels just cemented that (2&3 available on PS3), hence why my name is Helghast4life. The Helghast are a fictional people who live on the planet Helghan, and as a result of the harsh conditions, lack of resources, acid rain, and militaristic style, they have evolved into a race with higher endurance, will, and patriotic duty. With their transformation, they must wear a gas mask to breath a special air mixture in order to survive, which makes them look like WWI era Stormtroopers. Full article can be found here if you are interested.
    http://killzone.wikia.com/wiki/Helghast

While I might consider myself a gamer, I am definitely a firearm nerd, geek, what have you. I read the Firearm Blog every night if they have a new post, subscribe to Hickok45, Nutnfancy, TheLateBoyScout, and Sc00tch. I try to go to as many gun shows as I can get to (I rarely miss one, even up in school).

Currently own a Remington 870 Express Magnum with a 6 round side saddle and a Magpul MOE fore end on it. Looking to add the Magpul MOE stock and single point sling adapter in addition to a plus 2 tube extension. Has a 28 in ribbed barrel on it since I used it for trap and skeet, but want to get a 20 in smoothbore for home defense. My wishlist includes a SA XDM-45 5.25", some bolt action .22 Marlin (don't know the model off hand), SA M1A Scout, Ruger Mini-14 (Can you tell I like the Garand style action?), and a Chippa Rhino 40DS. I would like to build an AR at some point by taking a VLTOR lower receiver and matching it with one of their EMOD stocks and a 12.5" SBR upper with a VIS-2. Also wouldn't mind taking stripped lowers and building them up into something pretty sweet. I've watched countless videos on how to do it and it sounds like a good time.

Something I would like to bring to this forum is a new, cheaper method of training known as airsoft. Now these replicas are not the $20 plastic junk piles you find at Walmart. No, I build what is known as a Gas Blowback Rifle. It runs off of a substance known as 'green gas' or CO2 and automatically feeds a BB from the magazine using a bolt type system. The replica can fire semi-auto or fully automatic, using a trigger system so different that a real upper and barrel cannot be mounted to it and fire an actual cartridge, but can still use some real AR-15 parts to increase the quality (pins, springs, detents, barrel nuts, delta rings, sights, charging handles, stocks, buffer tube, etc.). Recoil is similar to a .22 magnum, and the bolt locks back to the rear when the magazine is empty. Different styles of rifle can be had, ranging some most commonly used pistols (Glocks, M92's, M1911's, and more recently XDM's and M&P's) all the way up to full sized rifles like the M4, AKM, and even the Dragunov SVD. Law Enforcement Agencies use it to train in live shoot houses without endangering people with Sim-muntions and the NY State National Guard uses it to prepare new recruits before they head off to boot camp (Gets them used to stress so it doesn't come as a shock to them in boot). Travis Haley even endorses it as a cheaper training tool to work on your basics or advance your skills in certain drills.

Long story short, I've been playing airsoft milsim (military simulation) for around 8 years now, currently work at two different airsoft stores doing repairs for 2 years now. I was brought to this forum by one of my customers to try and spread the word about airsoft. He is after a replica of his Daniel Defense M4V1 to use in his basement during wintertime or with some friends to try and skirmish in the woods. I do plan on making a much longer post explaining gas rifles, but let me end the post with this: I can build pretty much an AR15, M4, or M16 into an airsoft replica for training. You are not limited to AR's though if you decide to pick it up as a hobby or train. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to PM me. I have built 3 gas rifles for people so far, and they have loved the realism they offer, and I would like to provide as much information as I can in case some people are interested.

(York County)

Introduction,

I am just trying to figure this site out and this was the first one I came across so I am piping in...

I am a resident of York County, many-many moons ago I used to work with bows, rifles, revolvers, and tomohawks... I was a kid to late teens. As a girl, my father wanted me to know how to take care of myself and I used to be quite good in my young years. We never competed in anything, but my father did take me out many times tracking. We practiced alot through my late teens, but college, marriage, and life took me down a different path and I didn't think much about those years in the woods....

Fast forward a good 20 years later and I have my own family, and a teenage daughter. The lessons my father taught me are long gone. I live in a suburb instead of the very rural setting I grew up in... but as instances of looting and crime continue to rattle my cage through every natural disaster that comes along I have found a rekindled desire to get back in front of a target..and ensure not only that I can still protect my own family- but pass those skills onto my own children one day. I work in Public Health and have spent years gathering knowledge and tools to protect my family from an emergency--first aid kits, water, food, evac kits, medicine...etc.... but lately I have had a few reminders that I am gathering everything except the ability to keep people from just taking it from us.... so here I am at a crossroads, ready to regain that survival knowledge my dad spent years drilling into my head.

Sadly, my father has passed and my husband is a tech geek so I am on my own a bit. Being a voracious reader I feel comfortable starting here.... in a reading environment. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on. I am excited to go to my first 'lesson' with a friend on Thursday, have done a little handling to remind myself what I am doing, and am getting ready to purchase my first gun . Atleast the first I will have owned personally and re-start targeting practice after my 20 year break.....working out the details for what I need to do to complete my conceal and carry application.....It is empowering to feel I am putting the power to care for myself back at our own doorstep. Not that I don't respect the amazing work our police and fire departments do-- but the reality is in a real national emergency my best chance of survival is getting myself and my family out- cause there are FAR more of us than them...

Other than purchasing my first firearm I am also taking self-defense classes and spending some time making myself aware of the resources around me.

I look forward to learning more about how this forum can feed me some of the knowledge I am looking for... .

Thanks..

LMG

Page 326 of 442 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast