Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 316 of 442 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 4414
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

OK, after being accused of being a planted anti-gunner liberal with an agenda and a "semi-automatic revolver," I guess I should introduce myself properly, although I've been around a few weeks.

My name is ifman (or Bill) and I live in North Huntingdon, PA, by way of Fayette County (lived there until I was 23), by way of Atlanta, GA (born and lived there until I was 8).

I have always been pro-gun, but a bit scared of them due to some anxiety problems I had, a family member pulled a gun on someone when I was 12, I was in the backseat of the car and had never seen a gun, I about pooped myself...it was a justified pull, there was a person approaching the car in a dangerous area, but I wasn't expecting it and had never seen a gun...my parent's probably should have taken the opportunity to teach me, but I was a weird kid, and they avoided it.

My dad was always an enthusiast. He passed away in January and we found his guns, but didn't want to leave them there because my stepmom was grieving and there was concern of her harming herself. I was so incompetent with guns I was scared to pick it up, I didn't know how to clear the action, remove the magazine, etc. I decided it was time to learn. After reading up and finding this forum and some other sites, I started to get very interested in learning more. I have a young family, one small child and hoping to have another soon, and want to protect them.

I was starting to look into purchasing firearms for me and my wife, and getting our LTCF's. After lurking around for awhile and posting once in awhile, I took an NRA beginner's course (FIRST Steps). I am going to be joining a local gun club, and in the meantime have been shooting at the public range, and with my friend at his gun club in Fayette County. Got my LTCF, got a Glock 19, and my wife just got her LTCF and is shopping for a S&W 638. I really enjoy this site, so I bought some ammo through one of the sponsors and got a bronze membership.

Hopefully this diffuses any sort of belief that I am an Obama loving, gun hating liberal here to cause trouble. I am a registered Republican who considers himself a Libertarian due to my lack of interest in a government stopping it's citizens from engaging in victimless crimes. I hope I can have some good educational discussions and lively debates.

Nice to meet y'all.

(Lehigh County)

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for about a month now and I told myself when I received my LTCF I would join. Well, I just received a letter from the Lehigh County Sheriff's Office and inside was my new LTCF so here I am. Look forward to having some lively discussion and learning from all the other members.

(Franklin County)

Hello. New member from Chambersburg.

(Indiana County)

Howdy all....from indiana.

Greetings all. Dennison from East Greenville PA saying hi. Thank you for all of the great information available to the public on this forum. Very eye opening.

(Montgomery County)

Hello. New Member from Linfield pa.

(Bucks County)

First post here,
    Hello from Bucks Co.

(Lancaster County)

I signed up a few days ago and I just found this thread. Name is Ron and I'm currently in Texas but will be moving to PA soon. Married with twin 1 yr old daughters and another daughter due in July.

Hope you folks have room for a Kansas boy.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by tattgun View Post
    Hello. New member from Chambersburg.
    Quote Originally Posted by red beard View Post
    Howdy all....from indiana.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolPC View Post
    Greetings all. Dennison from East Greenville PA saying hi. Thank you for all of the great information available to the public on this forum. Very eye opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekg0477 View Post
    First post here,
    Hello from Bucks Co.
    Quote Originally Posted by quigleysharps4570 View Post
    Hope you folks have room for a Kansas boy.
    Welcome to the forum..
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 316 of 442 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast