Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 303 of 442 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 4414

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

i know a few cops who need told right where they.... yeah i've met a few nice ones too.

welcome.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i know a few cops who need told right where they.... yeah i've met a few nice ones too.

welcome.
    HAHA!!! Yeah, there are few that need some serious direction!! Thanks for the welcome.

Scott

(Cumberland County)

Thumbs up Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Hi, Im new to the forum. It seems to be very helpful in answering any questions i may have about firearms.

Vicenza Italy, from Chambersburg/wayneseboro,greencastle, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

HI, Im from Chambersburg, currently stationed in Vicenza Italy 173rd 1/503rd. I was searching the net for PA Gun laws and regulations and found this site.

(Erie County)

hi, new here just wanted to say hello to everyone.

I live in Erie and currently have a 9mm ruger but now have the bug so who knows what I'll be adding to the collection in the future!

(Lawrence County)

Hello, I live in Ellwood city and was told about this site from a member here!

(Delaware County)

Hello guys and girls. I'm sorry to say that I have been gunless since 2004. Got my second DUI (i know, I know... haven't been back to that level of stupidity in a long time). I have been under the impression for the last few years that my days of carrying were over. I huge THANK YOU to this site for showing me the light. I have been to the courthouse and submitted my ccw application.

My old carry was a .380 and would like to step it up a little. I'm pretty set on a W. German Sig p220 .45acp. I've found a few on gunbroker but have never bought a gun online before and have to say it makes me pretty nervous. I'm seeing everything from LEO trade ins for <$400 and other sellers selling the same gun/condition for >$800. Any recommendations on how or where to buy?
    Last edited by jackandstacey; January 10th, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

(Erie County)

Welcome noobs!!
    Bobp95, keep an eye on the Lake Erie Forums, we have get togethers every now and then.
    Jackandstacey, I've bought from Bud's online, no problems. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

Quote Originally Posted by jackandstacey View Post
    Hello guys and girls. I'm sorry to say that I have been gunless since 2004. Got my second DUI (i know, I know... haven't been back to that level of stupidity in a long time). I have been under the impression for the last few years that my days of carrying were over. I huge THANK YOU to this site for showing me the light. I have been to the courthouse and submitted my ccw application.

My old carry was a .380 and would like to step it up a little. I'm pretty set on a W. German Sig p220 .45acp. I've found a few on gunbroker but have never bought a gun online before and have to say it makes me pretty nervous. I'm seeing everything from LEO trade ins for <$400 and other sellers selling the same gun/condition for >$800. Any recommendations on how or where to buy?
    Welcome, and I hope your LTCF comes through. As for the Gunbroker idea, it has a few drawbacks, in my estimation. If the gun is rare or just happens to be exactly what your looking for (caliber, grips, finish, sights, ect.) the GB is the way to go. But for the standard firearm such as what your looking at (nice gun but not rare) you need to consider the real cost. Shipping and then the transfer, and many shops charge kind of high for an online purchase. They have to fax their FFL to the shipping shop, receive and log the shipment and then do the PICS/transfer. So you can figure about $75 over the purchase price. In a shop with the same gun you might find it a little more at the counter but a lot less for the transfer. You can also make a package deal and reduce the costs at a shop. Buy the gun, some ammo, a holster or case and bundle the price for a reduction. Just don't get greedy with a shop. Asking for a 10% reduction is fair. They might decline the offer but no harm in asking.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Delaware County)

Greetings, fellow law-abiding citizens!

I signed up a week ago and have spent many HOURS looking through this site and finding great information. Thanks to all of you regular contributors, you take the time to answer a n00bs questions politely and factually; that kind of attitude is really appreciated!

I'm from Broomall in Delaware County. I've had LTCF for 25 years in Lehigh and more recently Delco. I've always figured it is my right to carry, and that's why I got the LTCF's, but I'll admit I'm still not comfortable enough for daily CCW. I'm looking through this site to get better training and knowledge.

And a shoutout to Soberbyker...I was a member of DCF&S and enjoyed many visits to the trap tables...lotsa fun! But that was a while ago, I don't recall meeting you...how long have you volunteered there?

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to being part of this community and helping, in any way possible, to preserve (and advance) our rights under the Second Amendment.

Thanks! -Don

Page 303 of 442 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast