Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 273 of 442 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 4414
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Hello all, my name is Eric and I am newer to the gun community. Although I started shooting at a young age, I usually wasn't responsible for the maintenance/know how for any of it. I was looking forward to turning 21 more to own a pistol than to legally drink. Unfortunately college leaves one with little money so it didn't happen at 21, but for my 22nd birthday I bought myself a Glock 23. I'd say I have put about 1,000 rounds through it in a couple month's time and absolutely love it. I actually got my LTCF a week before my gun came in so I was set to carry from the day I picked it up. I made sure to shoot a couple hundred rounds and do some research on various aspects of carrying before I felt comfortable with it. Now I carry as often as possible. Being a teacher doesn't really help that cause which sucks because I teach in Reading and although I wouldn't need my gun in school it would be awful nice to have it in my car for the commute in and out. Enough with the life story... anyway I'm here to learn everything I can and to become an active part of Pennsylvania's and the nation's gun community!

Quote Originally Posted by eam5171 View Post
    Hello all, my name is Eric and I am newer to the gun community. Although I started shooting at a young age, I usually wasn't responsible for the maintenance/know how for any of it. I was looking forward to turning 21 more to own a pistol than to legally drink. Unfortunately college leaves one with little money so it didn't happen at 21, but for my 22nd birthday I bought myself a Glock 23. I'd say I have put about 1,000 rounds through it in a couple month's time and absolutely love it. I actually got my LTCF a week before my gun came in so I was set to carry from the day I picked it up. I made sure to shoot a couple hundred rounds and do some research on various aspects of carrying before I felt comfortable with it. Now I carry as often as possible. Being a teacher doesn't really help that cause which sucks because I teach in Reading and although I wouldn't need my gun in school it would be awful nice to have it in my car for the commute in and out. Enough with the life story... anyway I'm here to learn everything I can and to become an active part of Pennsylvania's and the nation's gun community!
    Welcome to our world, I think you'll like it here. The only thing I'd see as different is you could have use of a firearm in a school. With all the shootings that have occurred in schools I think it's one of the place they absolutely should. In the hands of a trained operator not only would such tragadies have been less severe they quite possibly wouldn't have happened at all. Soft targets such as gun free zones are attractive to those bent on creating mayhem.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Welcome to our world, I think you'll like it here. The only thing I'd see as different is you could have use of a firearm in a school. With all the shootings that have occurred in schools I think it's one of the place they absolutely should. In the hands of a trained operator not only would such tragadies have been less severe they quite possibly wouldn't have happened at all. Soft targets such as gun free zones are attractive to those bent on creating mayhem.
    As much as I agree, I just don't see it happening. There is too much debate around the topic in general, let alone bringing a gun into an environment with young students. I agree completely. I have met the qualifications for legally carrying firearms and have practiced with my gun on a regular schedule. As for leaving it in my car while school is in session, not going to happen because I park on school grounds. My college professor used to lecture how upset he was that they wouldn't let him carry on the campus premises. The situation is just not in our favor.

(Lehigh County)

Hi, Steve from Allentown. I'm a new member and note quite a bit of valuable information on this site. Thanks

(Lebanon County)

Default New Member

Hello gun owners, its about time I found this site.

I like what I am reading, we need to take america back!

So if you will have me, I will post when I can.

What we stand for must never be taken away!

Shoot straight.

(York County)

Default Re: New Member

Welcome!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Moving to Back to PA Within the Year!, Maryland

Default New Member

Hi everyone, I'm a PA native with roots in the state dating back to the 1600's who is finally coming back to my home state after the 8 years in DE and cumulatively 19 years in MD. Looking to move within the year to either the York or Hanover areas, will be commuting to Baltimore for work.

I've been shooting for almost 20 years total, collecting for 10 and am currently a MD Designated Collector and FFL 03 holder. I can't wait to come home to what I consider the greatest state in the country!

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Hi, This is a great site with tons of knowledge. The wife and I started out target shooting a few years ago after visiting The Firing Line in Whitehall. Previously I hunted, but had very little handgun experience. Well, now it's an obsession for both of us. I tend to favor the semis but she leans toward the wheel guns. Our grandson has now also gotten the bug, so I decided to get into reloading. Anyway, hello to everyone.
    We used to drive down to the Firing Line every Friday night from the Poconos to shoot IPSC in the late 80's early 90's

(Monroe County)

Hello fellow patriots. Proud to sign up and be a member. A lot of valuable info here indeed. Growing up in a military/leo family, i have retained a large amount of firearm and military knowledge. I am neither in the military or a leo but have a great respect for both. I will enjoy learning more and also sharing too! Happy to be aboard with Pennsylvanias finest. -BP
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Indiana County)

Howdy! I just signed up last night after lurking in the shadows for a couple of weeks. I'm not much of a "joiner" but I have to admitt that the valuable information contained on this site, along with the thought process of some respected members pushed me to join.

I found this site while browsing and searching related information. Steve
    Last edited by Cowboy Steve; January 30th, 2011 at 09:30 AM.

Page 273 of 442 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast