Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 232 of 442 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 4414
    (York County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZep View Post
    Good Evening Folks,

Well, I just wanted to say " Hello" and give a brief intro here..
    I was browsing some PA Firearms websites, stumbled onto this forum, Started reading and said to myself.. " Time to join ".

A bit about myself:
    I am in my early 40's, Married for 20 years and 2 teenage sons ( 15 & 17 )
    I am very involved in my Church and community( Past Grand Knight of my Knights of Columbus Council.) and even more involved with my sons.
    I am really trying to teach them what it is to be a good man and lead them down the course of thoughtful and appropriate decisions in life...

I enjoy a good cigar once in a while when out with my buddies, and my nice Briar pipe collection with a good Virginia leaf when I am relaxing.

I recently applied for my Concealed Weapons Permit at the Sheriff's office and seemed to have all my paperwork in order. ( A little over 2 weeks ago).
    I haven't heard anything yet, except my 2 references received the cards and returned them about 1 week ago.
    I did get a ticket for Salmon fishing after sundown in upstate New York about 3 years ago ( I didnt know any better) ..
    But I don't think that should disqualify me from a license,, You think ?
    ( From what I read here , specifically in Monroe County.. I can expect to wait the full 45 days it seems ?)

I still have alot of learning to do about firearms, as the last time I fired a pistol was about 20 years ago while stationed overseas in the USN and sharpshooter qualified.)
    My buddies plans on spending some time with me at the ranges in the area.
    and will take the safety courses offered, because I believe I need to.

I am actually looking forward to it.

I did some reading about the PICO system, as I was not sure what I would still need to do to purchase a pistol. ( Please Feel free to elaborate if you would like , or I'm sure there is info here on the forums as I will keep reading. )

Thanks for taking the time to read my brief note, and I look forward to learning as much as I can here , Keeping safety and the safety of my family first and foremost on my mind.

Nice to meet you all, and see you on the forums.

Vin
    Quote Originally Posted by peter2772000 View Post
    Hello all! My name is Peter and I live up in Montreal, Quebec Canada. I was invited here by a fine outstanding member of your community, e7ats. A bit about myself and life here in Canuckistan.

Been a gun owner since the age of 23, so that makes it over 26 yrs. Up 'till about 15 yrs ago here in Canada, handguns were considered "restricted". That meant that you couldn't carry one on your person out in the woods, couldn't hunt with one. You were allowed to own a handgun for one of 3 reasons;

- Self defence
    - Target shooting
    - Collection

We would give all three reasons when asking to register a handgun. The RCMP would then approve or deny our request to register our handgun. If approved, we'd get a STATT (short-term authorization to transport), meaning we were allowed to pick up the handgun from the gun shop and bring it home. Yay....

Then we'd have to apply for a LTATT (long-term authorization to transport). This allowed us to bring our handgun to a recognized shooting range for target practice.

12-15 yrs ago, things changed.....always for the worse. Self-protection is no longer accepted as a reason to own a handgun...or any firearm, for that matter. To make matters worse, carrying a pocket knife for self-defence is now downright illegal. Same goes for pepper spray or a Bic pen. Nay nay.

It gets better; If a LE officer somehow finds out you have anything on your person which can be used in a malicious manner, he/she/it will ask you why you have that particular item on your person. If you say for peeling an apple, or protection against vicious dogs, he can't do a damned thing but let you walk. Tell him that you carry pepper spray because you live in a predominantly violent area with little to no police protection, and you'll have cuffs slapped on you quicker than you can say "crap"!

Handguns with barrels of less than 4.125" is considered prohibited, same goes for baby-killer 25 & 32 ACP calibres. The only persons who can legally purchase prohibs are those who had such firearms before the law changed in 96'.

Most military type firearms are also either restricted or prohibited now.
    Restricteds include the AR-15, prohibs include any/all semi-auto Tommy guns, AK's, HKG3's, FN-FAL's etc. The list makes no sense whatsoever, the idiots in charge had actually classified a Squires Bingham 22LR rifle as restricted SIMPLY BECAUSE IT LOOKED LIKE AN AR-15. We got the morons to rescind that classification, but you get the picture....

I belong to an organization here in Canada called CanadaCarry. http://canadacarry.org/forums/index.php

Don't worry, I'm not on a fundraiser or recruitment drive. The only reason I've given y'all this long-winded intro to the incredible magic that is Peter is this; I want you all to realize that you're all luckier than sin to have the NRA as an organization that has the strength to fight for you & your 2nd amendment rights

Most gun owners here in Canada would give a finger or two for the honour of having that "2nd amendment" clause built into out constitution/Bill of rights. Guard your rights, guard them fiercely. What has happened here in Canada CAN happen to you too. I live 50 miles from the state of Vermont, where you don't need a CCW to carry. Yet I can't carry a damn pocketknife to defend myself. See a problem?

BTW, I'm a proud member of;

- CASD (Canadian Association of Self Defence)
    - CSSA (Canadian Shooting Sports Association) The most powerful gun lobby in Canada, yet embarrassingly impotent compared to your NRA)
    - NFA (National Firearms Association)
    - NRA (yes, "your" NRA)

Thank you for putting up with this long-winded intro. And thanks for allowing me amongst you!
    Quote Originally Posted by wrencher View Post
    Hello! I have been checking the site out for a few weeks now! AWESOME site! I have just picked up my LCTF mid January, and have been checking back here every few days. I have learned a lot here so far!! Thanks

Welcome all, to PAFOA. Don't be shy, join the melee!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Thanks to all for the welcome! And yeah, I and most of my fellow law-abiding gun owning brothers really are mistreated and misunderstood SOB's LOL
    Remember! When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...

(Monroe County)

Talking Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Just getting back to shooting after several years with no gun, picked up a Remington 581 (22cal, bolt)off of a buddy, having fun.

(Franklin County)

Smile Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

hello all I'm glad find other gun owners out there like me

Smile Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike1031 View Post
    Hi Mr. Mike, do you have a Tag, Mike, etc?, what type of shooting do you like to do.

Myself I'm a collector of Military Weapons, Hand Gunner (Target) and beginning re-loader.

Lots of help here on all of those subjects, got some good advice several times on all of those subjects that saved me from spending excess money, or shooting an unsafe weapon or round.

Always someone here able to answer a question or tell you where too look for it.

Later,
    Eddie O

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike1031 View Post
    Welcome to the forum..
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Armstrong County)

I guess that I qualify as a new guy. Just signed on recently.
    I retired from the Army National Guard two years ago after serving thirty years combined active, reserve and guard. . My most recent posting was as an Infantry Course Manager for MOS transition training.
    Besides long walks on the beach, gardening and tie dying, I am interested in just about anything that you can shoot. I will be reentering the NRA high power scene this year for a little match shooting, so I am gathering up suitable gear for that avocation.
    I also enjoy kayaking, canoeing, backpacking, rucking (for conditioning) and lots of other outdoor sports. We live on the edge of 600 acres of strip mine so I can shoot or whatever in my back yard. sanction762

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by sanction762 View Post
    I guess that I qualify as a new guy. Just signed on recently.
    I retired from the Army National Guard two years ago after serving thirty years combined active, reserve and guard. . My most recent posting was as an Infantry Course Manager for MOS transition training.
    Besides long walks on the beach, gardening and tie dying, I am interested in just about anything that you can shoot. I will be reentering the NRA high power scene this year for a little match shooting, so I am gathering up suitable gear for that avocation.
    I also enjoy kayaking, canoeing, backpacking, rucking (for conditioning) and lots of other outdoor sports. We live on the edge of 600 acres of strip mine so I can shoot or whatever in my back yard. sanction762
    Who said strip mining is bad? They aren't looking at the positive side of it.
    Welcome to PAFOA.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Venango County)

Hello all I have been browsing the forum for a few months and just wanted to say thanks for the unbelievable amount of useful information I have found. It is good to find so many likeminded people
    In one place. Hopefully someday I can contribute as much as others have. Please excuse the spelling as you can see by my forum name sometimes I forget a letter here and there (can a moderator add an H lol)

(Adams County)

Somehow I missed this thread when I signed up. I'll introduce myself again.

I just moved back to PA after several months away, and I'm currently in college, so I'm not around terribly many like-minded people. I found this forum about a month ago, and spent quite a bit of time reading through and getting a feel for it before I signed up.

Yes, I am a bit young (okay...maybe a lot young ) but I recognize that while I do know a bit about firearms, I do not know everything, so I am very happy to learn everything I can. Thanks for providing a great forum.

Orion.
    Oath Keeper, MMIX - Ad Infinitum

Page 232 of 442 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast