Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 114 of 442 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 4414
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and will be moving to PA from Washington State in the late Summer of 2008, for the purpose of assisting my 85 year old Mother.

Here is some of my resume and background in order to give you an idea of what my experience level is and what I am looking for. Then I have a few questions that hopefully some of you can give guidance.

I have served as a member of the board of directors, in a variety of offices for a small gun club and range here in Western Washington for 10 years and also served as the Head Range Master in that time. My training includes:

15 YEARS TRAINING AND TEACHING JAPANESE KARATE (CERTIFIED NIDAN UNDER MABUNI KENZO)

NRA CERTIFIED RSO

I have completed a number of classes offered by the
    FIREARMS ACADEMY OF SEATTLE (firearmsacademy.com)to include;

DEFENSIVE HANDGUN AND POLICE QUALIFIER
    HANDGUN RETENTION AND WEAPONS DISARMING
    BASIC RIFLE
    TACTICAL HANDGUN
    ADVANCED DEFENSIVE HANDGUN
    I have also completed the JUDICIOUS USE OF LETHAL FORCE SEMINAR offered by Massad Ayoob of the LETHAL FORCE INSTITUTE.
    Also worked at an indoor gun range as an RSO and some gun sales and limited instruction.

I've been a shooter all my life and and possess a current LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED PISTOL here in Washington.

First question is--
    HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED IN PA.? I have sent a letter to the Sheriff of the county in which my Mom lives but have not received a reply at this point.

next- WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES TO SHOOT, INDOOR OR OUTDOOR RANGES IN THE MONROE COUNTY AREA? WHERE DO YOU FOLKS RECOMMEND? many of the ranges I have seen on line don't even go out to 100yards and some of the prices seem way high ($18 an hour to shoot!!!).

last-- WHERE WOULD YOU FOLKS SUGGEST I SEEK EMPLOYMENT AS A FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR AND/OR RANGE OFFICER?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
    twoguns

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by twoguns View Post
    First question is--
    HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED IN PA.? I have sent a letter to the Sheriff of the county in which my Mom lives but have not received a reply at this point.
    Simple enough - just visit the local Sheriff's office once you've established your residency and apply. $25-$40 and no more then 45 days later, you will have your License to Carry Firearms (LTCF). Keep in mind that Pennsylvania does not have a "Concealed Weapons Permit" or the like, as there is no stipulation that the firearm must remain concealed, and the LTCF is good for carrying in more instances then just concealed. (Open Carry in Philadelphia, carry during a declared state of emergency, carry in a vehicle, etc)

If you are not planning on establishing residency, then you can apply for a Non-Resident LTCF, since you hold one in your home state. The best sheriff to apply for that with is Center County:
    (814) 355-6803
    http://www.co.centre.pa.us
    http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/l...pplication.asp

Also, for your information, you can read the full text of the Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act here:
    http://www.frontlinearmory.com/misc/paoc/ufa.html

Welcome to the forum, and Pennsylvania!
    Last edited by lildobe; June 8th, 2008 at 05:20 AM.

(Monroe County)

lildobe:
    thanks for the info.
    anyone else have suggestions on the other 2 questions,
    RE: employment as an instructor or range officer?..... and good places to shoot (Monroe Co. area) that don't cost an arm and a leg?

(Montgomery County)

I've finally found the say hi thread!

Hello all!

Well I suppose I'll post a little about myself. I'm a 23 year old college student that lives in northern montgomery county. I recently have been interested in firearms and as always web forums seem to be the best (and sometimes worst) sources for information. I'm also extremely interested in the laws and rights, and from what browsing I've seen I see some of you knows your rights inside and out, which in my opinion is a form of patriotism and what makes this country great... maybe I'm off base, but not everyone in this world has the rights we do, and a lot of people in this country don't even appreciate them. Anyway rant over...

Actually I plan on eventually purchasing a firearm and exercising my 2nd Amendment rights.

I'm sure I'll most likely just end up annoying you with lots of questions, feel free to tell my to shut my yap!

-LB

(Delaware County)

Hello All,
    Long time lurker, first post on here.

I am 26 live in havertown, delco.
    Lived in ne phila for a long time moved out about a year ago.

A great bunch of gals and gents on here!
    Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by bigboy3l; June 10th, 2008 at 05:25 PM.

(Chester County)

Long time lurker here... I just realized I've never posted, although I visit quite frequently.

I've been a shooter for about 6 years now. Born in Montgomery county, grew up in Chester county, went to school, got married, got my first LTCF, and started my career in Union county, and now have come full circle back to Montgomery county.

I'll try to post more regularly in the future.

~Wesley

(Erie County)

Hi....from Erie PA. Just joined. I like a lot of the info I have seen so far on this site. Would have joined a long time ago if I had found it sooner. I look forward to making some friends. I have made many on some of the duck hunting forums I belong to.

Gary.

(Chester County)

Hi,
    I live in the Coatesville area and have been an enthusiast since 2001. I enjoy shooting handgun and rifle and am just starting to get into shotgun. Collecting military bolt-action rifles is an illness I seem to have contracted, though my budget is limited. I'm also a novice reloader.

I'm mainly interested in shooting for fun, but my son wants to start hunting, so I'm enrolled in a Hunter Safety course later this month. My wife thinks I should shoot competitively, but I don't think I'm ready yet. I'd like to attend an Appleseed event and become a Rifleman.

My family are strong 2A advocates and we are all NRA members. We are slowly getting more involved in protecting our 2A rights.

Capn
    Molon Labe

(Luzerne County)

hello? testing, testing.........is this thing on?
    i was sent a link to this sight about a month ago, and have been reading it daily ever since....
    outstanding!!
    keep up the good work!!

(Westmoreland County)

Hello all, I'm talking to you all the way from Baghdad, Iraq. I just registered for this site, and I must say, SO FAR SO GOOD. Home for me is the Latrobe area, so if anyones going to be in the area in the september time frame and would like to go do some shooting, let me know!! Thats when I'll be home for leave.

Page 114 of 442 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast