Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 101 of 441 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4410
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Someone has to ask, it might as well be me;
    Who's approval did you have to wait for? There is no waiting period in Pa., and since you've been here for 10 years you shouldn't have any delay relating to proof of residency.
    .................................................. ......................

Staying current on your status could be a good way to build a nice collection.
    Who's approval? The state's, I presume. I asked the guy today when I picked it up (French Creek), and he said there was a gun show that had been slowing things down. Also, my last name is kinda rare, but around here it's a half-page in the phonebook. Normally, it's me and maybe 1-2 other entries (in much larger cities). Thus, maybe one of the other names was a felon or something.

I guess the real test comes next time I buy a handgun. I plan on dealing locally now, so it won't be such an ordeal with the wait.

How does one stay current on thy status?

(Allegheny County)

If there's any glitch/problem with the Insta-Check there is (I believe it's) a 14 day window for the Insta-Check people to resolve it or tell what is keeping the applicant from being approved so the applicant can either correct the records or what ever other action might be appropriate. There are times when FBI Agents are even delayed in being approved and have to go through the wait.

(Luzerne County)

They told me a 15 WORKING day wait. So holidays and weekends don't count.

It only ended up 11 workdays, but the drive was more of a pain...and the suspense of wondering what the hell I did wrong, lol.

He said even military folks with high-end security clearance (or something) get denied because the gov't blocks access to their records.

Weird.

(Monroe County)

Welcome! This place is addictive.....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Welcome to all the new members!
    You will definitely enjoy this forum.

CarolinaGuy
    You might want to give Pa. Patriot (moderator in gorilla suit) a shout, being you and him live in the same county. He could probably help you with your "local" questions.

GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE!

(York County)

Hello. I've been around for a few weeks, but I just bought my first hand gun on Sunday in Harrisburg. Picked up a S&W Sigma 40 with the rebate and mag deal.

This seems like a really great forum full of very knowledgeable members.

(Allegheny County)

Greetings folks,

I'm a 34 Year old who just moved to the Pittsburgh area from Dallas with my wife. I was referred here by a friend who is a regular at events and such it seems. I am already in the process of purchasing a revolver from one of the members here and hope to do further conversing and such in the future with more of you, maybe even make some of the events in our area. This seems to be a great resource. Kudos to the community here!

Howdy All,

I'm originally from PA, Bethlehem area. Went to school near Pittsburgh, Cal St Col of PA, now known as Cal Univ of PA. I live in Montana now and came accross this site and decided to join and chat with folks back in PA. My interest in guns is mostly for hunting and also for target and plinking. I own two 7mm Rem Mags, a Chineese SKS, Redhawk 41 Mag, Baby Eagle 40 Cal S&W, a couple of shotguns and have a Cooper 270 Win on order as well as a SAKO Finnlight 300 WSM. Lokking forward to some good chats.

Mark

(Northampton County)

Hi everyone, joined a couple of days ago and really have been impressed with the info on this site. I enjoy the right to conceal, love to burn off a few rounds here and there. I'm in the process of building an AR. Excited to get to know some people here.

(Luzerne County)

welcome to the forum.. sounds like you will fit right in...
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 101 of 441 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast