Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 100 of 442 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 4414

Default Re: If you've signed up, say hi here.

Thanks guys. Yeah, it's nice to find a hobby that my son and I can enjoy together. My daughter and I show the Newfies together. That's our "daddy/daughter" time. Now, my son and I will have our time together doing something that we enjoy.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NewfGuy View Post
    Thanks guys. Yeah, it's nice to find a hobby that my son and I can enjoy together. My daughter and I show the Newfies together. That's our "daddy/daughter" time. Now, my son and I will have our time together doing something that we enjoy.
    Shooting sports seem to be really great at this. I know a lot of guys who have really created a great bond with their kids through shooting sports.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Susquehanna County)

Another newbie on the site. I live in Belleville, NJ, (just above Newark), work as a Union electrician in NYC and just bought 11 acres in Harford, PA, to put a cabin on and hunt. No machine guns, just a 30-30 and a .40 Glock. Looking for a gun club locally to get my 9-year-old active in shooting and to meet some other kids around the area. Me, I'll drink a beer with just about anyone.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

WOW! alot of new people to welcome.

Welcome ALL! just jump right in and have some fun.

oh, and barnicle bob is an awsome name, wish I woulda thought of that.

(Philadelphia County)

Hi everyone. I'm a new member, just learning to shoot with the intentions of getting my first gun relatively soon. A friend took me to the range one night and since then I've been hooked. Hoping to get into shooting sports as time goes on.

Can't wait to see you all more around the forums
    Last edited by AimeeM; March 13th, 2008 at 01:31 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by AimeeM View Post
    A friend took me to the range one night and since then I've been hooked!
    This is how it starts. Welcome to a life of hot brass and empty wallets. You should both thank and curse your "friend".
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Berks County)

Just signed up and a Newbie to the forum. No stranger to shooting but have been out of it for awhile. Looking to get back in and get some of my skills back. Like to shoot pistol and rifle (Bench) and back to reloading.

New to the area (Morgantown) and looking for a gun club to join up with.

Wayne

(Allegheny County)

Heya
    It was really great to meet some of you all at the group shoot last week. That was a pretty awesome day. I've never hung out with so many people shootin' before! I learned some things and had a really good time.
    I'm moving back to Nebraska this week, but this forum looks like a really great source of information, so I'll be lurkin' around a bit. I'm gonna miss going shooting with Autonomous, but I'll be out in the Sandhills, so I think it is time to get some guns of my own...
    So yeah. Thanks for being here!
    ~d~

(Luzerne County)

Hi all. I'm 36, have been living in PA for almost 10 years now. I'm a chemist [unemployed] who just finished doing the stay-at-home dad thing now that the youngest is in K-garten. Looking to go back to school for pharmacy or to teach HS chemistry.

As of tomorrow, I will have my first firearm, a Taurus .357 7 shot revolver. 617? 627? I forget, since it was almost 3 weeks ago I picked it out, and just finished a very frustrating wait for approval.

I am a total newbie that's shot a .22 and a 9mm Beretta, the last more than 20 years ago. I am primarily interested in home defense. Several things have happened lately [not personally] that have made me weary of being unprepared if things go wrong.

After I get my .357 tomorrow, I will need a crash legal course, training, classes, NRA cert...you name it. I figured the best way to start is to chat like-minded locals, and this website looks to fit the need.

So howdy!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGuy View Post
    Hi all. I'm 36, have been living in PA for almost 10 years now. I'm a chemist [unemployed] who just finished doing the stay-at-home dad thing now that the youngest is in K-garten. Looking to go back to school for pharmacy or to teach HS chemistry.

As of tomorrow, I will have my first firearm, a Taurus .357 7 shot revolver. 617? 627? I forget, since it was almost 3 weeks ago I picked it out, and just finished a very frustrating wait for approval.

I am a total newbie that's shot a .22 and a 9mm Beretta, the last more than 20 years ago. I am primarily interested in home defense. Several things have happened lately [not personally] that have made me weary of being unprepared if things go wrong.

After I get my .357 tomorrow, I will need a crash legal course, training, classes, NRA cert...you name it. I figured the best way to start is to chat like-minded locals, and this website looks to fit the need.

So howdy!
    Welcome to PAFOA.

If you're looking for good information and answers, you came to the right place.
    If it's a 7 shot, it's the 627, the 617 is a 5 shot. (Unless I'm confused again, it's happened before).
    Someone has to ask, it might as well be me;
    Who's approval did you have to wait for? There is no waiting period in Pa., and since you've been here for 10 years you shouldn't have any delay relating to proof of residency. Did you buy the gun from someone in another state where there is some sort of delay. (I think New York has some such BS.)

OK, I found the reason for the wait in another post of yours.
    Perhaps your name is the same as someone who is prohibited from owning firearms or some other unfortunate coincidence.

Glad to hear you've been approved.
    Now you have to try again to see if you pass right away or have to wait again.
    Staying current on your status could be a good way to build a nice collection.
    Last edited by mauser; March 18th, 2008 at 02:00 AM.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Page 100 of 442 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast