Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Eagle Arms Lebanon Gun Show, April 16 & 17

The next Eagle Arms gun show scheduled for the Lebanon Expo Center is April 16 & 17, 0216.
    It's a 400 table show, $5.00 admission and FREE parking.
    Saturday, April 16, 9:00 - 4:00
    Sunday, April 17, 9:00 - 3:00

The Lebanon show was always a good show until about 10 years ago when a different promoter took over and didn't do a very good job of promoting it, then a few years ago Eagle Arms picked up the slack and turned the show around and made it better than ever.
    If you like a show in a mid-sized venue this is a good one for you. Some of the smaller shows are nice because they bring out smaller "vendors", people who don't do the big time circuit, and offer a selection if odds & ends that you just don't see at the bigger shows, but they have a tendency to try to crowd too many tables into a small area and it's hard to get around, if someone stops to look at something it can cause a traffic jam in both directions.
    The big shows, (like the Mid Atlantic Arms show in Harrisburg), are too big for my liking. You have to pay to park and you can spend the whole day and not see everything, they can be just a bit too much. This one is a nice show, not too big and not too small. The first time Eagle Arms promoted this one it was after several years of crappy shows then a few years of no show at all and it was shoulder to shoulder, all day, both days because everyone was starved for a gun show. It has returned to normal since then and has proven to be a consistently good show. It's very easy to find, just less than ½ mile east of Rt. 72, south of Lebanon, on Rocherty Road.
    Easy access from Rt. 322, Rt 422, Pa. Turnpike and Rt 72.
    For GPS or map purposes, the address is:
    80 Rocherty Road
    Lebanon, Pa. 17042

It's only a month from now, mark your calendar and don't forget.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Eagle Arms Lebanon Gun Show, April 16 & 17

Anyone else have any input on this show? I have some free time on Sat so thinking of driving up. Thanks

Post Re: Eagle Arms Lebanon Gun Show, April 16 & 17

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO666 View Post
    Anyone else have any input on this show? I have some free time on Sat so thinking of driving up. Thanks
    Do it!!! Its a good show and is not far from Shillington.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO666 View Post
    If you're free - and it's not to bad a drive (gas $$$ wise), I'd say definitely. It's a good mix of the new and the old. Seen some very decent prices - that are nowadays hard to find at the big shows (read: Oaks). Scored pretty good last time on some 30-06 (Garand food).

(Lebanon County)

I don't want to look like I'm trying to dominate this thread, but I would like to say that since Eagle Arms picked up this venue they have turned it into a really respectable show. The former promoters didn't do a good job of organizing and advertising ane the show was turning into a poor excuse of a gun show, but it's now a good show in a nice arena. It's not huge, but it's plenty big enough to keep you busy for a few hours and it's still small enough to not be a pain in the ass. There are always good deals to be found, the admission is very reasonable and the parking is free. Access from the Pa. Turnpike is easy, as well as access from Rt.322, 422, 22, I-81 and I-78. What more could you ask for? Food? OK that's there too, The Lebanon Expo Center has a decent menu with reasonably priced, good tasting food. I live close but look forward to eating lunch at the show. It's a hell of a lot better than McDonalds, Burger King or the other fast food chains although it's not a buffet with prime rib.
    (No beer served here either). From Shillington it's only about 35 miles, it should be about a 40-45 minute drive, (one way), that's not too bad for gas $$ or time. I always look at it as a cheap day of entertainment, sort of like paying $5.00 admission to a museum with the possibility of leaving with a piece of history, a few new tools or at the very least, a T-shirt, some beef jerky or a pint or two of Peter Pipers Pa. Pickles. (Good stuff that just can't be found anywhere else).

(Lehigh County)

The best part is it's only five bucks (no coupon at this one) which makes it one of the best deals around!!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    The best part is it's only five bucks (no coupon at this one) which makes it one of the best deals around!!
    Bingo. It's the cheapest entertainment you can find if you like guns and history, (as long as your driving time and gasoline cost don't cancel out the low priced admission and free parking).
    I've never been to an Eagle Arms show that I was disappointed with. And I've been to plenty of shows, (hosted by other promoters), that were not up to par and were a total disappointment.

(Montgomery County)

I was looking for an excuse to inaugurate the spring riding season and this may just do it.

(Berks County)

I'm in....after breakfast buffet at Dutch Way in Myerstown.....................FN hunting....................
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I don't want to look like I'm trying to dominate this thread, but I would like to say that since Eagle Arms picked up this venue they have turned it into a really respectable show.
    Mauser- as long as you are being honest in you response I wouldnt worry about coming off as dominating the thread. As long as your comments are not based on some ulterior motive then replies as much as you can.
    I appreciate all the responses and seems like a good one so I will probably make the trip just have to balance my time with the family since I will be away Sunday at a Steel league shoot.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast