Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Canik TP9SA and/or TP9SF?

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'll defer to you guys since you both actually own them. I never handled the sa model, so I'm only speaking from reading up on them. I've handled the original and v2 models at lgs and they both seemed well built.
    Just to expand on that a bit, for example, while gripping the gun I cannot reach up with my thumb and engage the decocker, I have to use my left hand and press down directly from the top. Any pressing of the button off center will not decock my particular pistol.

But again, just like the locks on the S&W revolvers, I can see where the placement of the decocker and a lack of a hammer might cause some to be wary.

I watched a guy drag one on a 25" rope behind his truck down a bumpy dirt road and through a corn field and the decocker never enguaged.

As long as you keep your finger off of it you will be fine. It does take a good amount of force to ecguage it so bumping it while doing normal things will be a very rare thing. If after all of that you still don't trust the gun the decocker can be permanently disabled in less then 5 minutes without effecting the pistol cosmetically.

I'd like to have the SA or SF but there's more important things on my list right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Just to expand on that a bit, for example, while gripping the gun I cannot reach up with my thumb and engage the decocker, I have to use my left hand and press down directly from the top. Any pressing of the button off center will not decock my particular pistol.
    That's my experience also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123