Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New member just saying hello

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to pop in here and say hello to all the members of PAFOA. A little background on myself, Im Mike, Im currently a resident of NJ, (what a lovely state it is...........not really), soon to be moving to PA!. My fiance and I have just recently purchased a home in east stroudsburg, did as much research as possible to get into a decent neighborhood and think we got a great home. Ive been a firearm owner in nj for 2 years, and have been wanting to live in a state that doesnt make you feel like a criminal for being a legal responsible gun owner. im a member of sigtalk, if anyone is also a member on there (vwguy1994)

A couple of questions for you guys/gals
    How are the ranges out here? Ive been a member of RTSP in nj for a year & love the service they provide, but damn they are expensive.
    Id like to get into hunting, but ive never gone & have zero clue as to where to get info for PA hunting experiences. my fiance loves venison & its a perfect excuse to purchase the remington 700 Ive been eyeing up.
    Ive read constantly that the sheriff of monroe is quite strict with requiring references from ONLY monroe. if you have a LCTF, what were your experiences?

Now on to the good stuff, I currently have a sig p226 mk25(9mm), walther ppq(.40), & Sig 516(556) & a radical firearms upper chambered in .458 socom.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: New member just saying hello

Welcome to America.... To get started Hunting in PA you first have to take what I think is called a Hunter education course... Once you pass your test and buy a liscense the booklet you get will tell you where the public Game Lands are and how to go about applying for a Doe permit.. Can't offer anything about LTCF in your county as I'm in Wayne County...
    Black Olives Matter !

Hey bud welcome to the neighborhood. I just moved to Monroe County myself few months ago! First thing I did was built an ar15.

(Wayne County)

Welcome Mike from an ex Brick NJ resident. You'll love your FREEDOM here.

Thank you guys. I'm looking forward to being in a free state. I fell in love with the pa lifestyle when I went to Penn tech out in Williamsport. Met some great people and still friends with a few. I remember feeling much happier going to pa than going "home"to nj. If it weren't for the high taxes, horrible home prices and crap attitudes from nj folk,I might have stayed. The horrible anti gun laws and corrupt governors were the last straw, Christie was bad, but his replacement will be worse.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    Id like to get into hunting, but ive never gone & have zero clue as to where to get info for PA hunting experiences. my fiance loves venison & its a perfect excuse to purchase the remington 700 Ive been eyeing up.
    You will be living near the Delaware State Forest, State Game land, and the Recreation area, all offering a variety of hunting opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    You will be living near the Delaware State Forest, State Game land, and the Recreation area, all offering a variety of hunting opportunities.
    Awesome, I'm definitely looking forward to actually learning about hunting. Since nj isn't a hunter friendly state with firearms, I really haven't looked into it much.

(Monroe County)

Welcome. Former PRNJ resident now in eastburg as well. Been to RTSP but only in the beginning.

I shoot at East Bangor. Quick drive down 611 and about the price of RTSP for an hour for a year's membership.

(Monroe County)

After you get your hunting lic or get the shooting permit from the PGC you can take a short trip up 80/380 and go shooting at the game lands in Tobyhanna. Yes the Sheriff can be a dick on references. If we ever meet IRL I could help. As for hunting lots of public areas. The Pa Game Commission site has maps and a app so you can finds areas that are less then a hour from E Strods.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post

After you get your hunting lic or get the shooting permit from the PGC you can take a short trip up 80/380 and go shooting at the game lands in Tobyhanna. Yes the Sheriff can be a dick on references. If we ever meet IRL I could help. As for hunting lots of public areas. The Pa Game Commission site has maps and a app so you can finds areas that are less then a hour from E Strods.
    Thank you I appreciate the info. And definitely would like to set up some range time with a few people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast