Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Brace vs Plain Buffer Tube on AR Pistols

If I understand the current ATF policy on AR pistol braces, the shooter cannot shoulder the brace but it can be used in a cheek hold position. Is this correct?

If the above is correct I have a question for the AR pistol owners/fans. If I were to purchase an AR pistol, or a lower for build purposes, what is the benefit of the Sig Brace other than the original purpose (strapping it to the forearm)?

Can an AR pistol with buffer tube only be shouldered?

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Brace vs Plain Buffer Tube on AR Pistols

I'm no lawyer, but that is what several of the gun channels on youtube are saying MAC for one.

I can't answer your other questions. Sorry.

Yes I do have one. It was purchased between the damn conflicting ATF opinions. No I would not buy it again, but no point in selling it for a loss.

Last edited by ExFlyinguy; March 12th, 2016 at 04:47 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    If I understand the current ATF policy on AR pistol braces, the shooter cannot shoulder the brace but it can be used in a cheek hold position. Is this correct?

If the above is correct I have a question for the AR pistol owners/fans. If I were to purchase an AR pistol, or a lower for build purposes, what is the benefit of the Sig Brace other than the original purpose (strapping it to the forearm)?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    No.
    I should have worded the question differently. Drop the word "only". Can an AR pistol with buffer tube be shouldered?

After rereading my own question I realized it can be interpreted two ways depending on which words are stressed.

(Erie County)

I should have worded the question differently. Drop the word "only". Can an AR pistol with buffer tube be shouldered?

After rereading my own question I realized it can be interpreted two ways depending on which words are stressed.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

Check out the Shockwave Blade too if you aren't familiar with it.

(Dauphin County)

I have both the sig brace and the shockwave blade. The sig brace fits more snug but overall I like the shockwave better. The shockwave is 100x easier to take on and off.
    Vote Hillary for Prison 2016

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I am familiar with the Shockwave Blade. That is the answer I suspected but wanted to verify. I appreciate the help.

(Lancaster County)

Check out Thordsen customs - http://www.thordsencustoms.com/ - - - really cool stuff - but don't you dare shoulder any of those things (plain buffer,Sigbrace or anything !) It's a "pistol" yeah, right. The ATF has it's head up it's backside (along with all of the liberal politicians...) making gun illegal because of what it can do is like making cars illegal because they're automatic and can do more than the speed limit...

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(York County)

I have a 7.5 inch fire breathing dragon. All these products are useless in my opinion. I had a sig brace and sold it, mainly because if you eliminate these devices from your pistol, it cant ever be suggested your shouldering something you shouldn't be.

First off an AR pistol does not need to be shouldered at all. I use the foam pad that came with the buffer tube for cheek weld. This works better than any product for a good cheek weld because it doesn't add all that extra bulk and weight of these products. (sig brace is seriously heavy)

Cheek weld that foam and good to go, no shouldering or "arm bracing" is ever needed.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your pistol!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast