Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default PA - (NE) Factoryville Sportsmen's Club Long Range Days 2016

Hello shooters! (I don't know if this should go here or in "shoots / range trip" sub forum)

It's hard for me to think this is the 4th season for these shoots how time goes by!

WHERE : Factoryville Sportsmen's Club, Factoryville, Pa.

DATES: April 16, May 28, June 25, July 23, August 27.

TIME: 0800-1200

FEES:general shooting $15.00 club members, $20.00 non members.

Occasional optional charity 50/50 shoots $5.00 additional.

Optional Scenarios cash prize competitions $10.00

227 / 337 / 426 YARDS, steel & paper - mostly steel

DIRECTIONS / CLUB / CONTACT INFO: http://www.fscweb.org/

(also see Long Range Day section)

DETAILED COF, TARGETS, RANGE INFO, ETC: http://fscweb.org/long%20range%20day...ome%20page.htm

The last hour of the shoot may include "scenarios cash prize competitions" this year that will combine strategy, mild physical effort, and a timer, with a low round count.

If popular this may be a full COF for next year replacing the "tactical marksman" prone course, using multiple scenarios strung together.

Follow / like on the Long Range Day facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/986239014763951/

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: PA - (NE) Factoryville Sportsmen's Club Long Range Days 2016

Hello shooters!

Just a reminder our season opening long range shoot at Factoryville will take place this Saturday, April 16 starting at 8:00am

This year's info on the shoot can be found here:
    http://www.fscweb.org/long%20range%2...RD%20FLYER.pdf

We also have a Facebook page for the latest and greatest, and for any discussion among the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/986239014763951/ this page will be migrating to the main FSC page at the beginning of May, Like or Friend it now so that hopefully the migration will be "automatic"

This month will be the "Ammo Dash" scenario, $5.00 entry (in addition to the regular $15.00 member / $20.00 non-member fee), 5 shots (hits +time) at 330 yards, winner takes scenario entry's pot.

Note a few changes, the July shoot is now moved to July 16, and we have an additional short 105 yardish bank just for a quick check on short range zeroes. There will be steel targets there for pistol and rimfire plinking, and paper for centerfire rifle calibers. Refer to the above link for parking / entry to the range.

Future matches may require pre registration, more on that as I explore that possibility. I also got clarification that .50 cals are allowed on the long range, if bringing one and wanting to shoot steel, you'll have to bring your own target.

They are calling for sunny and dry weather for Saturday, come on out!

(Lackawanna County)

The April 16, 2016 season opener had a record number of 30 shooters including 1 junior shooter, plus 3 onlookers. Calibers ranged from .223 through .50 BMG. A recently added 115Y range was also popular, and should have expanded targets for the next shoot.

Due to the volume of shooters and being short on time, the money match scenario stage was put off to the next match, and will be shot earlier in the day. It was evident that the Prone / Tactical shooting was prevalent at the match, along with those that were interested in scenario shooting – the bulk of the match may gravitate to this style of shooting in the future.

Just a reminder, we may be going to an online registration in the future to help get a forecast on how many shooters will be coming to a match, hopefully it’ll cutdown on any wait times and have things flow a little easier - more info on that will be passed along when or if it develops.

We also have a Long Range Day Facebook group going at https://www.facebook.com/groups/986239014763951/ for the latest and greatest, along with conversation with like minded shooters. In May this “pilot” group will migrate to the main FSC Facebook page.

We will try to make arrangements to have the kitchen open for the next match on May 28, 2016.

Thanks to everyone that came to today’s match and was patient with some of the overlap. It certainly was a full house and certainly helps to get more support to get range & firing line improvements accomplished!

(Lackawanna County)

Hello shooters!

I'd like to thank everyone that came to the last shoot, 30 shooters was a record crowd. Just a reminder that this Saturday, 28 May 16 we'll have another Long Range Day shoot from 8:00am-Noon.

We'll take another crack at doing a Scenario money prize match, only this time doing it in the second segment 9:00-9:45 & if there is an overflow due to large participation, in the third segment 10:00-10:45 so there will enough time to get everyone cycled through. It'll be the "Ammo Dash" scenario.

To help with that, I've been messing around with online registration, it should get folks signed up quicker and give me a head's up to how many shooters we'll have and cut down on admin time, still working out a few of the bugs, the link for registering: https://practiscore.com/factoryville...ay-28/register

I don't have online payment figured out yet, but when asked for C. Card info, just put in a "1" for the blanks and any current or future month in expiration date and click "register". If you get a warning that a "security token Blah Blah", don't worry about it, the registration went through and you'll get an automatic email saying the registration went through.

There is one shoot and the Scenario "Ammo Dash" stage you can pick from the squadding link in the registration confirmation email, and scores may not show on the practiscore site until I can figure out how to have them post - scores / results will just be emailed as in the past. Any future shoots will be able to be found shortly @ https://practiscore.com/ search "FACTORYVILLE".

Either way the online registration will definitely help me admin stuff and be prepared for "X" amount of shooters per shoot, and will help smooth things out a bit, I'd really appreciate helping me out and utilizing it.

Good news is the club put in a bridge over the ditch, so everyone can now come and go as they please, enter / exit from behind and around the club house. More good news is that the kitchen will be open mid morn through early afternoon for lunch.

If I don't see you on Saturday, have a safe Memorial Day.

(Lackawanna County)

Hello shooters!

Our next LRD shoot at FSC will be on June 25 2016, we start shooting 8:00am - Noon, come earlier if you wish to set up your gear / register.

You can also register in advance for the June, July, or August shoots at https://practiscore.com/ search "Factoryville Long Range Day". You may get an error for advance payment, don't worry about it the registration will go through. For the Credit Card field just put in BS numbers, you'll get a registration confirmation email.

This advanced registration will really help me out with the admin and any interest in conducting & setting up the scenario stages for the shoot (whether they are money prize stages or incorporated into the Tactical COF). There are a few sections for feedback / suggestions, this will help build a better match for the future using actual input from the shooters themselves and give me "ammo" to get those changes through the club.

So far this year we've had 48 shooters through 2 shoots, which is the best of any year so far, thanks for the support! With the addition of the bridge, it's easier to come and go from the firing line, I'm going to try to get a parking area closer to the line approved by the club to reduce the "hump up the hill".

Additional info can be found at http://www.fscweb.org/ in the long range section, and don't forget to become friends and "like" the shoot on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/986239014763951/

The kitchen should also be open serving top notch goodies mid morning till 1:00 / 1:30ish for members & non members alike.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate, as it has so far this year.

(Lackawanna County)

Hello shooters!

Our next LRD shoot at FSC will be on July 16 2016, we start shooting 8:00am - Noon, come earlier if you wish to set up your gear / register.

You can also register in advance for the June, July, or August shoots at https://practiscore.com/ search "Factoryville Long Range Day". You may get an error for advance payment, don't worry about it the registration will go through. For the Credit Card field just put in BS numbers, you'll get a registration confirmation email.

This advanced registration will really help me out with the admin and any interest in conducting & setting up the scenario stages for the shoot (whether they are money prize stages or incorporated into the Tactical COF). There are a few sections for feedback / suggestions, this will help build a better match for the future using actual input from the shooters themselves and give me "ammo" to get those changes through the club.

So far this year we've had 67 shooters through 3 shoots, averaging 22 shooters a match, thanks for the support!

Monday night I'm going to the board meeting to get permission to try to get a parking area closer to the line to reduce the "hump up the hill". If it's "Yes" I'll post it on the facebook link below, and the "no vehicles beyond this point" sign will be down.

Additional info can be found at http://www.fscweb.org/ in the long range section, and don't forget to become friends and "like" the shoot on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/986239014763951/ for alerts any updates, cancellations,

The kitchen should also be open serving top notch goodies mid morning till 1:00 / 1:30ish for members & non members alike.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate, as it has so far this year.

(Lackawanna County)

Well guys and gals,

The Club board approved parking closer up by the firing line, it's still going to be about a 50/60 yard walk, but much better than the walk from below. Though it's not as prepped as I would like it to be, it's still not going to be all that bad, I figure we can fit 10 - 15 cars or trucks up top, maybe more. The familiar lower lot can still be used if we run out of room, but at least equipment and gear could be loaded and unloaded closer to the line rather than humping it up the hill.

The entry will be the same way, a right turn behind around the clubhouse, over the bridge then up the side of the tree line, for safety's sake, please keep to the right side of the rope / markers / lines in the grass, I'll try to rope off as much as I can, it'll be better roped off and marked for August. For now stay on the tree line side of the shorter cut grass and lines when entering and exiting.

Thanks for be patient with the evolution of the shoot, I know it's been a painfully slow go, but it is progressing.

There was also a discussion about the attendance & fees collected, please make sure to sign up upon arrival and before shooting for a more accurate headcount and turn in.

Thanks, TP.

(Lackawanna County)

Hello shooters,

Our next shoot, and what appears to be the last of the season, will be held Saturday, Aug 27 at Factoryville Sportsmen's Club, 8:00am - Noon, $15.00 members, $20.00 non members. Help with setting up and tearing down the course is always appreciated the Friday evening, or before or after the match.

The kitchen will be open from around 10:30 onward for members and non members alike, come on down see what's cookin'!

Obviously the pre-registration didn't go smooth through Practicescore, I'll work on some sort of pre-registration for 2017, perhaps through facebook or regular email.

We have gotten lucky over the season with the weather, I hope it continues, keep your eyes on your email Friday and join / watch Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/986239014763951/
    just in case our luck runs out. The heat and or rain over the last few weeks had got me a little behind on things as far as improvements go, plus the firing line looks a little "shaggy" compared to normal, I'll try to have that squared away by Saturday.

As I copy and paste to many medias, info on the club and on the shoots for those that may first timers: http://www.fscweb.org/ in the Long Range day section.

So far we've had a record year, the July shoot had a total of 24 shooters (8 members / 16 nonmembers) with 11 being new to the shoot, 2 Junior shooters (under 16yrs old) which is nice to see the next generation of shooters, and 1 spectator. As of July, we are averaging 23 shooters per match.

Thanks to all of you that have supported the shoots in one way or another!

(Lackawanna County)

AUGUST RESULTS

The Aug 2016 Long Range Day at FSC (the last of the 2016 season) had a total of 22 participants with 18 shooters (4 members / 14 nonmembers) including 5 being new to the shoot, 3 Junior shooters (under 16yrs old) which is nice to see the next generation of shooters, and 4 spectators.

For 2016, we averaged 22 shooters per match.

Thanks to all that shot the match and helped set up and break down the course, we had a great turn out, and after a brief concern with morning fog, the weather cooperated yet again being nearly as perfect as it could be!

The schedule for next year will not be known until after October, and if another shoot happens before next year, everyone will be notified of it.

The entire season’s results can be located on the FSC website: http://www.fscweb.org/

In the long range section, with August will be uploaded shortly, along with a summary of the entire season’s “numbers”.

Keep in mind you can become friends with the facebook LRD group for alerts, changes, comments, suggestions 2017 with like minded shooters. https://www.facebook.com/groups/986239014763951/

I’d like to thank everyone that supported the LRD matches in 2016, and for being patient with the improvements that are trying to be made to the firing line, berms, and COFs, with more to be achieved next year.

I hope to see the many familiar, and new faces in 2017, if anyone wants to pitch in with some range work for the next season let me know.

(Lackawanna County)

LRD 2016 END OF SEASON SUMMARY

Long Range Day started in September 2012 with 1 pilot members only event to gauge interest that had 10 shooters. 2015 had a “partial” season with only 3 events due to access issues. Over the life of the events, we’ve had 283 shooters and 305 participants total including spotters & spectators.

In comparison, we had a record year in 2016, on what we are going to call its 4th season, with a total of 126 participants over 5 events for the year.

Of the 126 participants, we had 109 shooters, 27 club members and 82 nonmembers. We averaged 22 shooters per match, and had 17 onlookers / spectators / spotters which increased the avg to 25 participants per match. 37 shooters were new-first-timers to the event, with shooters from 5 states.

7 of the 109 shooters were junior shooters (under 16yrs old).

We had 26 shooters specific to the Tactical Marksman course, and 26 shooters specific to the Bench course, with 57 shooters just plinking (not shooting a specific course of fire).

Some of the more notable improvements made in 2016:

1) Addition of a bridge for better access to parking areas

2) Removed old structure on the firing line, opened up more of the firing line

3) Widened berms, removed a few trees, condensed target racks for additional target area.

4) Added 3 new benches

5) Re-purposed old benches for dedicated spotter stations

6) Addition of a 115 Yard bank (zero check, pistol, slug, blackpowder, rimfire)

7) Brush moved back on right side of firing lane for better visibility

8) New parking area closer to firing line

9) Added 2 additional shooting stations

Calibers ranged from .22lr to 50 cal, along with a few revolvers, single shot and semi pistols used. Some of the firearms represeted in 2016 were Sharps, rolling blocks, BAR, Barrett, Mausers, Mosins, Garands, along with a host of AR’s, modern precision rifles of varying levels, and sporter style hunting rifles.

Regular competitors from CMP, PRS, Silhouette, F class, and Benchrest disciplines along with casual shooters supported the shoots, leading to a well rounded mix of firearms enthusiasts and the tools they use.