Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Glock 19 with Apex trigger for carry?

Anybody using an Apex Tactical trigger in the carry Glock? I'm wondering if it's deemed safe enough for carry. I've been seeing stuff float around about these aftermarket trigger shoes not being drop safe. I can't find any information anywhere relating specifically to the Apex Tactical drop in trigger. A friend of mine said that a certified Glock armor told him NOT to installed any aftermarket triggers in your Glock if you intend on carrying it. Even simply the drop in trigger shoes can get bumped around and can fire without being pulled.... yikes.

It doesn't lighten the pull, there are no spring up grades. Just the black plastic trigger itself, attached to a OEM Glock Gen bar.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/192207

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Glock 19 with Apex trigger for carry?

The Glock really isn't cocked at rest so I don't see how it could fire without the trigger being pulled. In addition, the striker block is still in place. I had my G35 down to 3lbs and never had any issues over thousands of rounds.

LycancallingBSthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Delaware County)

I would agree with the Glock armor. I was given some good advice to never add anything to a weapon you intend to carry for the reason that if you would ever have to use it to defend yourself the lawyers could stir up all types of cases that you have a modified weapon that could not wait to "Assault" someone with. For my range toys I will go all out and drop all types of fun things in them but for my carry weapon stay stock as the manufacture intended it to be. Some may not agree but hey I have heard of cases were someone defended them self by shooting someone who broke into their home and the person they shot sued them, won, and the person went to jail for it and I am sure never saw that gun again.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRich View Post
    Anybody using an Apex Tactical trigger in the carry Glock? I'm wondering if it's deemed safe enough for carry. I've been seeing stuff float around about these aftermarket trigger shoes not being drop safe. I can't find any information anywhere relating specifically to the Apex Tactical drop in trigger. A friend of mine said that a certified Glock armor told him NOT to installed any aftermarket triggers in your Glock if you intend on carrying it. Even simply the drop in trigger shoes can get bumped around and can fire without being pulled.... yikes.

It doesn't lighten the pull, there are no spring up grades. Just the black plastic trigger itself, attached to a OEM Glock Gen bar.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...Details/192207

Quote Originally Posted by ftownkev View Post
    I would agree with the Glock armor. I was given some good advice to never add anything to a weapon you intend to carry for the reason that if you would ever have to use it to defend yourself the lawyers could stir up all types of cases that you have a modified weapon that could not wait to "Assault" someone with.
    If that is the case then you have a terrible lawyer covering you, and at the same time if the DA is using "modifications" to a carry gun then that would mean they have nothing else to try and get any charges to stick. So that would go back to your lawyer and if they can't defend against that then sorry you should have spent a few extra bucks on a better attorney that knows what they are doing

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgreen10 View Post
    If that is the case then you have a terrible lawyer covering you, and at the same time if the DA is using "modifications" to a carry gun then that would mean they have nothing else to try and get any charges to stick. So that would go back to your lawyer and if they can't defend against that then sorry you should have spent a few extra bucks on a better attorney that knows what they are doing
    Agreed. That sounds like one out of the Ayoob flavored koolaid cup.

He's got lots of knowledge, but spouts a lot of paranoia laden conjecture as well.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    The Glock really isn't cocked at rest so I don't see how it could fire without the trigger being pulled. In addition, the striker block is still in place. I had my G35 down to 3lbs and never had any issues over thousands of rounds.

LycancallingBSthrope
    That's what I thought. Knowing how the trigger system works in a Glock, it's reassuring to know that the gun simply cannot fire without the trigger being pulled. With the Apex Tactical trigger, everything is still 100% stock, except the trigger face. The bar, spring, striker, and spring, plunger is all still stock.

Here is a video of what people are referring to, but a different brand trigger. I've heard aftermarket triggers with reduced creep can do this. And most people with modified triggers are not using them in carry guns. I'm NOT worried about the lawyer issues. I'm simply concerned with safety.

Unless this guy screwed up the install, or it's a very faulty part.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTz4euRdzQ

I haven't heard any specific cases of the Apex Tactical trigger having these issues. I've only heard, second hand from a Glock armor that this can happen with "after market triggers". I looked it up and found this video.

Best I can do, I suppose is to just buy one, install it, and test it myself.

Another explaining the issue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MEVIhMz5E
    Last edited by EvoRich; March 12th, 2016 at 10:27 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I run an agency arms trigger in my carry 19. The trigger allows me to be more accurate with the gun over the stock setup. If it improves way you shoot a gun why would you not want those mods to defend yourself with? On the other hand, I have never had any problems with my trigger, have over a 1k rounds through it and I trust it. Apex is a solid company and would not put out a trigger that would defeat a factory safety.

My advice is install the trigger, run a ton of rounds through it at the range. If everything is good and you have no problems with the way it functions, carry it.