Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: 18 Year old carry options?

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    True, but only after boot camp and a lot of weapons training and qualification.
    After one qualification. I'd be willing to say anyone that posted in this forum would provide better "training". (For rifle, they do get worried about the big expensive tanks).
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Cumberland County)

I'd say the law is too much designed not in your favor to do it until you hit 21.

I know it sucks and it's stupid. Get politically involved and let your state reps know your grief with the system. I'm sure you can get some support from these forums.

Firearms training in basic training is a joke. They really make you feel like the gun might blow up in your face if you do the slightest of things wrong or don't clean it until the black paint job is essentially gone. To be fair there are some rather slow minded people out there.

(Berks County)

I know 50 year olds who can not handle the responsibility.

(Northampton County)

How many of you Air Force and poges have set up a land mine? They taught you that in basic. Your firearm training was BASIC, just like your landmine training. So you know which direction to point it.

People that USE weapons do a hell of a lot more training than "Basic" (we actually don't take Basic) and qualify more than once. More like every 30 days. And training consists of 3 to 4 years. Or maybe 10 to 15. Contrary to popular belief, we don't paint curbs and sweep roads when not deployed. We are gone for a week at a time training, 48 weeks a year.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

dont want to hijack the thread but did mckown have any impact on non residents? A non resident is still able to vehicle carry in PA with any valid license from any state?
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Dauphin County)

The McKown decision only appears to impact PA residents. As far as I know non-residents were unaffected and may still carry in a vehicle with a license from any state.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    The McKown decision only appears to impact PA residents. As far as I know non-residents were unaffected and may still carry in a vehicle with a license from any state.
    It is my opinion that I agree with twency's opinion.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    How many of you Air Force and poges have set up a land mine? They taught you that in basic. Your firearm training was BASIC, just like your landmine training. So you know which direction to point it.

People that USE weapons do a hell of a lot more training than "Basic" (we actually don't take Basic) and qualify more than once. More like every 30 days. And training consists of 3 to 4 years. Or maybe 10 to 15. Contrary to popular belief, we don't paint curbs and sweep roads when not deployed. We are gone for a week at a time training, 48 weeks a year.
    Wrong thread?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Dauphin County)

If he has a sportsman's permit and a hunting license can't he keep the gun unloaded in his car and loaded on him when he's in the act of hunting or fishing or does that require the individual to be 21 years of age?
    Vote Hillary for Prison 2016

Move to York City or Harrisburg...all the kids carry pistols.

I wouldn't recommend carrying anywhere until you're 21. Even if you find a legal way, you're likely to run into trouble and you have to just hope the police officer you encounter knows the law and doesn't file anything that might wreck your chance to carry at age 21...or even own a gun. You never know, your friends' parents might even call you in if you're having out with their son or daughter and they don't like that you have a firearm. Too many things can go wrong that will change your ownership rights for the rest of your life.

In the meantime, go to the range with your father and practice a lot for the next 3 years.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; March 16th, 2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123