Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default FBI under investigation over oregon shooting

BEND – An FBI agent is suspected of lying about firing twice at Robert "LaVoy" Finicum and may have gotten help from four other FBI agents in covering up afterward, authorities revealed Tuesday.

The bullets didn't hit Finicum and didn't contribute to his death, but now all five unnamed agents, part of an elite national unit, are under criminal investigation by the U.S. Justice Department. Inspector General Michael Horowitz is leading the independent inquiry.

The remarkable disclosure came as a team of local investigators released findings that two state troopers shot Finicum three times in the back during the chaotic scene at a police roadblock Jan. 26. One bullet pierced his heart, an autopsy showed.

A prosecutor ruled the fatal shooting was legally justified, saying state law allows use of deadly force when officers believe a person is about to seriously injure or kill someone. Finicum kept moving his hands toward a pocket that contained a loaded handgun. Although he was shot from behind, Finicum had a trooper in front of him armed with a Taser who was thought to be in danger.

Finicum, 54, an Arizona rancher, was one of the leaders of the Jan. 2 takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge near Burns.

Investigators gave no details to explain why the one FBI agent, a member of the Hostage Rescue Team, wouldn't report the two shots. They also didn't indicate what his four colleagues on the team did to warrant investigation other than saying it was related to conduct after the shooting.

"The question of who fired these shots has not been resolved," said Greg Bretzing, special agent in charge of the FBI in Portland. The federal agency is cooperating with the inspector general's investigation, he said at a news conference.

The revelation is certain to inflame suspicions about Finicum's death and shake confidence in the FBI, which came under intense fire for botched handling of violent sieges at Ruby Ridge in Idaho and Waco, Texas.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-sta...gents_und.html
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Perry County)

Default Re: FBI under investigation over oregon shooting

I posted in the original but we may as well start a new one.

As I posted in the old thread--

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    http://www.pennlive.com/nation-world...art_river_home

A mixed bag of information. I apologize for giving the FBI too much credit.

Kudos to Oregon State Police. The guy closest to Finicum was trying to use a Taser on him to take him down but Finucum was shot by the cover officers because he kept reaching for a concealed handgun. They tried to take him alive.

I admit we all joked about FBI standing for "Famous But Incompetent", more as agency rivalry but mayhap there was truth to it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

If the pocket contained a pack of gum? I never saw him go to his pockets, maybe move his hands back and forth.
    Hes dead now, the jbt's got what they wanted, lets all go back to sleep.

(Bucks County)

Give the Video A look,Guess they left their bullhorns at the office, don't negotiate much i guess....

The apologist for the state start your engines....

Still no Ground video, and the elite can't even get their story straight...

OK UJ, I jumped the gun with you didn't see you're earlier post..

You still following the state line he was reaching for a gun.. the 5man FBI team are caught lying, what else did they lie about..
    Last edited by 51158; March 8th, 2016 at 07:20 PM.
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Erie County)

All those vehicles and no dash cams?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    All those vehicles and no dash cams?
    I'm sure there is but the footage doesn't fit the narrative. Give it a couple years.

(Bucks County)

"Kudos to Oregon State Police. The guy closest to Finicum was trying to use a Taser on him to take him down but Finucum was shot by the cover officers because he kept reaching for a concealed handgun"

Superman eyes?

Quote from prosecutor

(Reuters) - A leader of the armed occupation of a federal wildlife refuge killed by police was shot three times in the back, a county prosecutor said on Tuesday, calling the shooting "justified and necessary."

Well their ya have it, the state says it was "justified and necessary."
    Case closed. close the thread nothing else to discuss /S

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-police-...83009651.html#
    Last edited by 51158; March 8th, 2016 at 07:37 PM.

(Carbon County)

video from inside the pickup

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    "Kudos to Oregon State Police. The guy closest to Finicum was trying to use a Taser on him to take him down but Finucum was shot by the cover officers because he kept reaching for a concealed handgun"

Superman eyes?

Quote from prosecutor

(Reuters) - A leader of the armed occupation of a federal wildlife refuge killed by police was shot three times in the back, a county prosecutor said on Tuesday, calling the shooting "justified and necessary."

Well their ya have it, the state says it was "justified and necessary."
    Case closed. close the thread nothing else to discuss /S

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-police-...83009651.html#
    A prosecutor ruled the fatal shooting was legally justified, saying state law allows use of deadly force when officers believe a person is about to seriously injure or kill someone. Finicum kept moving his hands toward a pocket that contained a loaded handgun. Although he was shot from behind, Finicum had a trooper in front of him armed with a Taser who was thought to be in danger.
    Nope, just reading comprehension.

By the way, you'll note from way, way back that I identified that Trooper as being armed with a Taser and why I came to that conclusion. I also said Finicum was shot as he faced that Trooper while reaching for his pocket. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for my keen analysis of the aerial footage.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

That's from your original post, The link had the video. I sure wish they would've covered weapons in their discussion, this video could've answered a lot of question..

Now all we have is .gov which has already been caught lying....

Didn't here any bang bang until he was killed but also didn't hear any when they shot out the window on the left side passenger so suppressors aren't ruled out..

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast