Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: S&W 22 Victory

Default S&W 22 Victory

Tried a search and didn't find anyone talking about the newish S&W 22 Victory. Does anyone own one and if you do, what are your pros/cons for it? Thanks in advance.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: S&W 22 Victory

Just got one. It's great. Feels good and accurate. mags are still stiff and the slide needs some more breaking in. Reliable for the most part. Had some FTF's but I blame that on Winchester bulk pack ammo. Got a great deal on it. Wanted the threaded barrel, but not available at the time.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Just got one. It's great. Feels good and accurate. mags are still stiff and the slide needs some more breaking in. Reliable for the most part. Had some FTF's but I blame that on Winchester bulk pack ammo. Got a great deal on it. Wanted the threaded barrel, but not available at the time.
    Nice. That is good to hear. Do you know if 22a mags will work in it? Thanks

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post
    Nice. That is good to hear. Do you know if 22a mags will work in it? Thanks
    New design and 22a mags are not compatible

I have one that I've run several hundred rounds through (plenty of federal bulk automatch, cci sv, minimags, and ar tactical). Recently added a primary arms micro dot and it's a ton of fun at the range. Decent trigger out of the box. Easy to strip and clean.

Only issue I've experienced was getting some excess clp on the take down screw and having it loosen on one range trip.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with its performance and accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by rubberband View Post
    New design and 22a mags are not compatible

I have one that I've run several hundred rounds through (plenty of federal bulk automatch, cci sv, minimags, and ar tactical). Recently added a primary arms micro dot and it's a ton of fun at the range. Decent trigger out of the box. Easy to strip and clean.

Only issue I've experienced was getting some excess clp on the take down screw and having it loosen on one range trip.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with its performance and accuracy
    Thank you for the insight on the mags. It seems like all of the users on YT who reviewed it have said the same thing. If I pick one up, I think I am going to install a small split lock washer on that takedown screw. One guy did that with great success. He also was hitting a larger steel target consistently at 100 yards. That really got me interested on it. Either going to be this or a Browning Buckmark

(Berks County)

I held one in a lgs and the weight was a nice suprise. It feels substantial.

(Bucks County)

Thank you for the insight on the mags. It seems like all of the users on YT who reviewed it have said the same thing. If I pick one up, I think I am going to install a small split lock washer on that takedown screw. One guy did that with great success. He also was hitting a larger steel target consistently at 100 yards. That really got me interested on it. Either going to be this or a Browning Buckmark
    I really don't think you need to do anything other than keeping the screw and lug clean and tight.

Most all of the problems reported with the take-down screw coming loose seem to involve it either not being installed tight enough or having lube on it. From the factory it was very tight...tight enough that I didn't expect to need to exert so much force to remove it and needed to readjust my leverage. I shot it several times, stripping it and cleaning it in between each session with no change. Used too much CLP cleaning it one time and it seeped out of the barrel & receiver on to the screw. Shot about 300 rounds through the pistol the next time at the range and got it good & hot before the lubed screw started backing out. Since I've cleaned it off, it hasn't budged.

One other thing I've noticed is that when the gun gets especially filthy, the bolt occasionally needs a nudge to go all the way into battery.
    Last edited by rubberband; March 7th, 2016 at 08:57 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for bringing this up, didn't hear of it before. I looked on boobtube to check it out and other then the screw to take it apart I really like the looks of this, and it was given good reviews by several people on there.

Thanks for the replies. I held one at dunkelbergers this morning. Everything was right except for the price. I will wait until a local LGS gets one in at a good price.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the replies. I held one at dunkelbergers this morning. Everything was right except for the price. I will wait until a local LGS gets one in at a good price.
    Here's where I got mine:

https://www.kygunco.com/Smith-and-We...ss-10-1-112954
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast