Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Took the jump on the mpx

I just grabbed the mpx pistol and I'm excited to have it. I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet but that is on the horizon. If anyone has advice or experience it's welcome. For starters the mpx only has one mag, an Armageddon gear bungee sling, a low profile qd sling adapter, 2 keymod rail sections. The sling seems like quality, but single point slings have never been my thing. That is easily corrected, I'm going to swap it out with my ms3 sling to help stabilize the mpx when shooting. I'm going to try the iron sights first before I add my sparc 2 and see how accurate I am with it.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Code13; March 4th, 2016 at 08:35 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Took the jump on the mpx

Mpx good. They grow up so fast. This is the format where it shines. You think it's fun in pistol form you have no idea what you're in for in sbr form

(Northumberland County)

Very nice! I was hell bent on getting one myself when they were first announced. I have a Sig 516 and absolutely love it so I was of course drawn to the MPX. After waiting entirely too long for them to actually be available I gave up and bought a CZ Scorpion this past spring.

My buddy finally got his MPX recently and is in the process of turning it into an SBR too. I'm still undecided on my CZ going SBR or not.

(Lackawanna County)

You owe it to yourself to do it trust me.

(Lancaster County)

I had some jamming and cycling issues with 115 gr ammo, although SIG's are usually tight at first and need some breaking in. Some other forums recommended 124 gr. ammo. I have not had a chance to try that yet. Otherwise a lot of fun. I am considering SBR.

Do you have the GEN1 or Gen 2 version? Caliber changes will not happen with the original GEN1 version as first thought. SIG will sell you a new upper for the cost of a caliber exchange kit if you have GEN1. The GEN 2 uppers will do the caliber change fine. GEN1 is stuck with 9mm but they will support it and you can do barrel length changes. Mine is GEN1. There is a video out I think by SIG that explains the difference.

(Lackawanna County)

Are they selling barrels yet though

(Chester County)

I just got back from the range today. During my shooting I loaded the Mag with 5 rds a couple of times to get a handle on the mpx and how it shot before I loaded it up to 30. Once I adjusting the sights to work for me I ran 200 rounds of 115 grain winchecester white box and not a single jam and no issue charging it with a closed bolt on a full mag. Ejection was so good a case hit the devider and hit me in the glasses. And yes I ran the mpx with the included lube and wet. With an ms3 two point sling for stability.
    So needless to say I'm happy with it.
    I'm still undecided if I actually want to sbr it, I definitely would have like to use my sparc 2 on it or another red dot/ micro dot. With the iron sights I had ragged holes in the target and I'm extremely satisfied with it over my evo 3.

(Chester County)

There are only 3 things I'm looking to do to the mpx after shooting it. That would be a high viz fron sight maybe something fiber optic or tritium like the sig 550 rifles had. Change my sling to a vickers slings and maybe change the grip to a magpul K grip.

(Lancaster County)

Finally got a chance to take the MPX out again with 124 gr ammo. Perfect every shot after 100 rounds. After I run some more through it, I will go back to the 115 gr to see if it works fine on that ammo. Fun shooter. I did have to adjust the sights a bit. No big deal on that.

(Philadelphia County)

Very, very nice!! DROOL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast