Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Glock 17 RTF2 frame.

I recently purchased a glock 17 with what is called the "RTF2" or "rough textured frame". Can't believe glock doesn't have this frame in their current line up (other than the "Larry Vickers" model that I just picked up - which isn't even featured on their website). I can't say enough good things about this firearm though. I've had g17's before, but this is much nicer. The texture is phenomenal. Much better than the gen 4. alternative IMHO. It also came with wilson combat nights sights, extended slide and mag releases and the "larry vickers" magazine baseplate. I'm currently using it as my daily carry because I love it so much.

Anyone else out there carrying an RTF2 glock?
    Vote Hillary for Prison 2016

Default Re: Glock 17 RTF2 frame.

I had one that I picked up used a few years ago. It was a 19 IIRC. I held on to it for a couple of years until i realized I could almost buy 2 Gen4s with the prices they were bringing on GB, so I sold it. At the end of the day, it was still a Glock, just a little more "grippy" than the ones before it. It wasn't worth anything to me beyond what a regular 19 or 19 Gen4 has to offer, but I am glad you are happy with it!

(Dauphin County)

It's interesting that you should mention GB because I noticed for some odd reason almost all the RTF2 glocks being offered on their are chambered in .40SW. I would have likely bought a 19 or a 17 of GB if available. Regardless, the .40's are going for 500-550 used which is pretty good for a used glock (from a seller's standpoint) IMHO. I bought mine new from Staudts gun shop and I paid $650. Since it was the "vickers tactical" model I thought that was a fair price considering the extras it came with (especially installed night sights).
    Last edited by BallisticSheepDog76; March 4th, 2016 at 05:08 PM.

I'm so glad that I don't have the name addiction that some do. I wouldn't pay $500/$550 for a used Glock just because it had someone's name associated with it. It doesn't mean anything to me and when you can go buy a brand new model for the same price I mean really. Buying used is fine I am ok with that but when your buying used and still paying brand new prices then it's an issue.

(Montgomery County)

I prefer the slimmer feel of the Gen4 vs the Gen3 with either the RTF2 or standard texturing (and the improved mag release, double captured recoil spring, etc). The gen4 is also grippier than standard to the point I don't feel the need for grip tape, but I agree it's not as grippy as the RTF2. For some, the RTF2 felt too rough, which is why Glock toned it back for the Gen4.

Now, if they made the RTF2 in a Gen4, I would give it a second look.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    I'm so glad that I don't have the name addiction that some do. I wouldn't pay $500/$550 for a used Glock just because it had someone's name associated with it. It doesn't mean anything to me and when you can go buy a brand new model for the same price I mean really. Buying used is fine I am ok with that but when your buying used and still paying brand new prices then it's an issue.
    I think you're a little confused here. The ones selling on gun broker for $550 used were not associated with anyone's "name". They were plain old glocks but with rtf2 frames (some had fish gill serrations). The reason for the price is that there were only a select number made with this grip texture and they are no longer in production with the exception of the new "vickers tactical" one I just purchased.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Now, if they made the RTF2 in a Gen4, I would give it a second look.
    Agreed. This would certainly be the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by BallisticSheepDog76; March 5th, 2016 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallisticSheepDog76 View Post
    I think you're a little confused here. The ones selling on gun broker for $550 used were not associated with anyone's "name". They were plain old glocks but with rtf2 frames (some had fish gill serrations). The reason for the price is that there were only a select number made with this grip texture and they are no longer in production with the exception of the new "vickers tactical" one I just purchased.
    Either way used I wouldn't pay that for any Glock.

(Philadelphia County)

I could not agree more!!
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

(Berks County)

Could have just said no your not carrying a Glock RTF2 and looked good doing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast