Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: "Just Leave It At Home"

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    "You see that is the extremist in you. Just leave it at home and you'll be fine. Nothing is going to happen".
    Until it does.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Montgomery County)

Leave it at home? If something bad happens that I could have prevented, I won't be able to live with myself. That's my rationale.

Doesn't stop me from going to 'gun free' states, but I try to limit that, and I'm always pissed when doing so.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    I am still trying to grasp how one gun owner I know is voting for Bernie Sanders, and how another thinks that my opinions on firearms and my mode of protecting myself is extremist. I've said and thought this a million times: you can't eat tons of gummy bears and not expect to get diabetes.

I'm not an extremist. I don't threaten to blow people up, I don't rage at people who have opinions different than mine, I don't spray and pray whenever and wherever I feel like and I don't have even a tiny fraction of Fort Knox's or the Vatican's Armory. I don't blindly follow dogma or unfounded beliefs and I certainly don't believe confiscation is a viable option, I certainly don't believe 'nothing will happen'. I don't brush my teeth with a gun shaped toothbrush or plaster my vehicles with stickers about anything. I am not bound to any religious identity, and the big one- the really big one- I do not mix religion, politics, guns, and anything else you can imagine together in a cocktail of an epic shit storm that is radicalism.

It's frustrating. Perhaps some people just need to be left out of discussions, consideration, protection and activities entirely.

FWIW, THAT'S ME! (but sometimes I bite my toast until it inexplicably looks like a 1911 - must have been my pre-school training in MD with Pop-Tarts).

Just kidding about MD.

Have you thought about counseling? Maybe laughing a little more? Going for long walks with your dog? More hours at the range or reloading bench? More hours at the annual Ft. Ross Gatling shoot?

All "tip of the spear" stuff.

The possibilities for your apparent affliction (mine too) are endless....
    Last edited by bamboomaster; March 4th, 2016 at 05:41 PM.
    - bamboomaster

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234