Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Sig MK-25 with threaded barrel question

I been looking for one of these locally for while now. Today I walked into one of my local shops and there she was. Such a beautiful sight.

So although I have sold most of my Sig collection, from over the years, I had to buy it.

It will be coming home with me friday morning.

Now I only own another 9mm and it is a pocket size gun. I am thinking of making this Sig my go to gun for home defense instead of my shotgun and glock.

I have read about this guns and it seems that they really like 147 grns ammo. My question is what ammo do you guys recommend?

Also I might put a light on it. Any suggestions?
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(York County)

Default Re: Sig MK-25 with threaded barrel question

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    I been looking for one of these locally for while now. Today I walked into one of my local shops and there she was. Such a beautiful sight.

So although I have sold most of my Sig collection, from over the years, I had to buy it.

It will be coming home with me friday morning.

Now I only own another 9mm and it is a pocket size gun. I am thinking of making this Sig my go to gun for home defense instead of my shotgun and glock.

I have read about this guns and it seems that they really like 147 grns ammo. My question is what ammo do you guys recommend?

Also I might put a light on it. Any suggestions?
    Congrats great choice. It likes to eat all 9mm, mine is not picky at all. Do some research in home defense loads, lots of opinions out there but it comes down to personal preference in my opinion. Since it already comes with night sights, I would skip the light and get an SRT installed immediately. If you think you like the MK25 now wait until that SRT is installed. I also really like the feel of hogue grips in combination with the SRT.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by AJRB View Post
    Congrats great choice. It likes to eat all 9mm, mine is not picky at all. Do some research in home defense loads, lots of opinions out there but it comes down to personal preference in my opinion. Since it already comes with night sights, I would skip the light and get an SRT installed immediately. If you think you like the MK25 now wait until that SRT is installed. I also really like the feel of hogue grips in combination with the SRT.
    Thank you.

I have already set it up to get the SRT installed. I think I still want the light just to make is easier to walk around in the night and identify the person I might shoot. Don't want to shoot the wife, you know. On second thought.......! Just kidding.

I have small hands so the hogue grips are a little too much for me but I do think that I will get some G10 grips just to make it a little more grippy.

I have been a SIG fan for over 35 years and I always loved them. I never had the MK25 so I can't wait to get it to the range next week.

My 226 shoots 124 or 147 grs, reloads or factory ammo equally well. Your MK25 is mechanically the same animal. I have the Hogue G10 Pirannah grips on mine & they're a bit smaller, front to back, than the factory grips, so that'll make the trigger reach slightly shorter.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Perry County)

I installed an SRT in my MK25. It makes a huge difference. Mine shoots everything without a hick-up.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    My 226 shoots 124 or 147 grs, reloads or factory ammo equally well. Your MK25 is mechanically the same animal. I have the Hogue G10 Pirannah grips on mine & they're a bit smaller, front to back, than the factory grips, so that'll make the trigger reach slightly shorter.

Thank you. I'll look into the hogue G10 grips.

(Delaware County)

I take it since you wanted it with a threaded barrel you will be shooting it suppressed. If you think you love it now wait till you shoot it with a suppressor on it. The MK25 and the P226 Combat is the quietest 9mm host I have seen or I mean heard lol.

(Montgomery County)

That is my intention. I have heard that it is great with a suppressor. Don't have one yet but I will be looking at them tomorrow when I pick up the MK.

(Delaware County)

I have a SilencerCo Osprey that I use with mine. They sound amazing and also look the coolest!

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    That is my intention. I have heard that it is great with a suppressor. Don't have one yet but I will be looking at them tomorrow when I pick up the MK.

(Montgomery County)

I saw a video on you tube about the Osprey, they do look great. I'll check with my local LGS's I think they carry them. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast