Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How will a Trump nomination affect Pa

I am not a Trump supporter. If it weren't for my concerns about Hilary screwing with the 2nd I would be tempted for the first time in my life to press the no vote button or skip voting all together. But if it comes down to Hilarly, I can't allow my vote to equal even a one vote swing in her direction and will pull the lever for Trump and literally hope for the best.

But I've talked to a lot of traditional Republican voters who say there is no way in hell that they will vote for Trump. While I understand where they are coming from, this could really hurt Pa.

Presidential elections bring out high numbers because people want to vote for the President. I can easily see a lot of Hilary voters getting out bringing high numbers, and a lot of Trump haters sticking to their guns and staying home allowing Democrats a huge advantage with the coat tail effect. This could be a perfect storm for dems.

One of the things we supporters of the 2nd hang our hopes on in Pa to keep the 2nd the way it is, is our control of the Pa house. Know how many house seats are up for reelection this year? ALL 203 OF THEM!

So Democrats turn up with their normal presidential year numbers. Republicans turn out with lackluster numbers because of Trump. We could potentially see a change in the Pa house. How much I don't know, but enough that It is a concern on my radar.

Think about it, Wolf in 2014, the Pa high court in 2015, could the house potentially swing in 2016?

This is not taking into account the 435 seats in the U.S congress and 34 seats in the U.S senate that are also up in November.

This could be a generation defining election on many levels assuming Trump gets the nod and the republican party does not support him. Way too many ways that we can shoot ourselves in the foot.

What do you all think, could we wind up losing the Pa house or am I overthinking things?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: How will a Trump nomination affect Pa

I don't think you're that far off the mark. think about this. how many people sat out 2012, and left us with that spineless, sniveling, pile of pig shit that is Robert casey?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    I don't think you're that far off the mark. think about this. how many people sat out 2012, and left us with that spineless, sniveling, pile of pig shit that is Robert casey?
    I see a lot more sitting out with Trump than Romney.

There are people on this forum that have said they wont vote for Trump if he is the nominee. Maybe 4-8more years of "progress" will change their minds

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I see a lot more sitting out with Trump than Romney.
    you also are throwing toomey into the mix.

he's about as popular as boiled turnips.

like i said, you're not that far off the mark.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    you also are throwing toomey into the mix.

he's about as popular as boiled turnips.

like i said, you're not that far off the mark.
    Right now dems hold 82 seats.
    Reps hold 118.
    3 vacancies.

So 19 Republicans lose because of the coat tail effect and we could be looking at an "oh shit" situation here in Pa.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Right now dems hold 82 seats.
    Reps hold 118.
    3 vacancies.

So 19 Republicans lose because of the coat tail effect and we could be looking at an "oh shit" situation here in Pa.
    i can't help but agree. with wolfie boy in charge, i'd say start stocking up on 30 rounders, folks.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post
    There are people on this forum that have said they wont vote for Trump if he is the nominee. Maybe 4-8more years of "progress" will change their minds
    see, the problem is, look at everything he has said for the past 30 years...right up until 22 minutes ago when he became the reincarnation of ronald reagan.
    then, find a difference between him and shrillary.

fuck, look how much he has contributed to the clinton global initiative.

himn vs hillary, is like alien vs preadator...no matter who wins, we lose.

(Wayne County)

You guys crack me up.

Liberals disgust me on an unthinkable level but the people who wont fight back by any means necessary are the worst.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast