Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: New Indoor Range Avondale

My brother been waiting 6 months for this place to open---refused to give him any idea of membership prices every time he stopped in across the street. Finally got price info and renewed his membership at TargetMaster instead. Much more reasonable.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    The Sportsman Shop is like that. $100 more than everyone else. I still buy there occasionally rather than save $100. Nice range they built I don't mind a contribution that I decide to make
    And their transfers are an insane $60, when they do them, My neighbor was turned away with a "we dont do them" he went to Kerpers down the street and happily paid $20 and stocked up on their cheaper ammo while there. As a fact the last two purchases I've made, I looked at Sportsman's shop first, checked out ,handled and compared items. Went to Kerpers and ordered for significantly less. Had to wait a few days but saved $60-$75 each time....that buys a few accessories and ammo.
    I get they have to pay for the "boutique" atmosphere which is nice,and Id imagine the insurance for the range is over the top, but if they could shave a bit from the prices Id shop there more often.

(Delaware County)

I Signed up for a membership there because you can shoot your full auto there. Yes there prices are crazy high. Very nice people working there. Very nice range but the A/C in the range especially in the waiting area sucks I hope the heating works better. That's the only thing I was disappointed with other then the prices.

(Chester County)

My son and some of his old high school buddies went there (Target Shooting Solutions in Avondale) on the day after Christmas. They had a blast, and were very favorably impressed with the range and the people who work there. They do allow you to bring your own ammo, although not steel cased ammo, so we had to quickly reload a couple of boxes of 223 Rem on Christmas day. Shooting AR-15's on an indoor range is not my cup of tea, but they enjoyed themselves. Very friendly staff with good attitudes, unlike a certain other indoor range in the area who's name I will not mention. Also no nonsense about not being able to pick up your brass. He and his buddies highly recommend the place!

(Chester County)

im getting tired of reading negative things about those of us in mushroom growing families. Those in this business work their asses off often from a young age. The majority of us come from lineages of immigrants from impoverished areas of Italy. The dreamt big. Some saw the fruits of their labors, others passed before success came to their families. The Toto family are upstanding individuals and I am happy for the young man who will work his ass off and reap the benefits of his hard work.

Viva Italia!!

(Chester County)

Kerpers is a great store. TSS is fine but flat out expensive and the no steel case ammo is pure BS....dont care what anyone says But I get it. Their range their rules.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carozc View Post
    im getting tired of reading negative things about those of us in mushroom growing families. Those in this business work their asses off often from a young age. The majority of us come from lineages of immigrants from impoverished areas of Italy. The dreamt big. Some saw the fruits of their labors, others passed before success came to their families. The Toto family are upstanding individuals and I am happy for the young man who will work his ass off and reap the benefits of his hard work.

Viva Italia!!
    You rezed a thread for that? Put the pipe down and go to bed.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PeakMaster View Post
    Kerpers is a great store. TSS is fine but flat out expensive and the no steel case ammo is pure BS....dont care what anyone says But I get it. Their range their rules.
    Kerpers is great people, unusual finds, small store. TSS is good people, giant store, nice range. Steel mixed with brass severely impacts scrap price. A large place like that has a ton of overhead. They need to find every cost center and nurture it to stay in the business.

Why the comparison in a thead about TSS? Seems odd.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carozc View Post

Viva Italia!!
    Bravo!!!!

(Chester County)

well sir, I’m sorry you can’t appreciate a sense of where one comes from and the need to speak up for it when it’s attacked. I wasn’t aware working hard for an honest living that could lead to wealth was against the law. I also wasn’t aware that I would be considered a stoner for opening a thread to express my feelings. For the record, I don’t smoke a pipe but have no problem with anyone who does. I am very proud of my Italian-American Mushroom Industry background. I hope you feel the same pride in your background as well. Wishing you pride and wellness.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast