Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Inquire In The Wilkes-Barre Area

Anyone know of any indoor or out door ranges within a reasonable distance from the Wilkes-Barre area in NE PA. Thanks in advance!...

(Bucks County)

Default Range...

I used to hear a radio commercial advertising a gun shop right near the Keyser Avenue exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The name Fire One comes to mind. See if they are still there and if they have a range or know of one. There is always the public range off of Route 118 in Sweet Valley...Mike45

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45
    I used to hear a radio commercial advertising a gun shop right near the Keyser Avenue exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The name Fire One comes to mind. See if they are still there and if they have a range or know of one. There is always the public range off of Route 118 in Sweet Valley...Mike45
    Well Mike don't get me started on PA Game commision ranges. They ban semi's. PAGC are jerks with their polices, fees and management of said ranges. I know of the gun shop you speak of I'll check it out ..Thanks. I would even pay a private land owner for a place to practice.

(Bucks County)

SSGF109,
    There was a shop in Nanticoke, D&R was the name I think. Look them up and maybe they can steer you. There has to be a place for you to shoot.
    As for those state ranges, they are better than nothing. Just keep your eyes open for the ranger hiding behind the tree to see how many rounds you put in your gun...Mike45

(Montgomery County)

Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Rod & Gun Club
    Box 222, Sciota PA. 18354

I don't know how close that is but for a good range I will go a distance.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109
    Well Mike don't get me started on PA Game commision ranges. They ban semi's. PAGC are jerks with their polices, fees and management of said ranges. I know of the gun shop you speak of I'll check it out ..Thanks. I would even pay a private land owner for a place to practice.

Semi-autos, either rifle or handgun are NOT banned at SGL ranges. I shoot my Bushy M4, M1 Garand and the occassional SKS there all the time. You do have to follow their mag limits (3 rds), but I've never been approached by anyone from the PGC. Just don't sound like you are starting WWIII and you shuould be fine.

(Allegheny County)

yeah, at the SGL range i go to, there are always a few ARs and AKs being shot.

(Luzerne County)

Fire One Firearms went out of business years ago I think.

Warner's up near Tannersville is supposed to be building an indoor/outdoor range, slated to open this summer?

(Allegheny County)

On PAGC ranges.. Ive had nothing but good experience with them. Like Toyota said, I *always* see some people with AKs ARs Mini-14s.. There is a 6 round limit on the handgun range, and you are allowed to blast all of them if you want.. you just may get a few strange looks (from the guys with rifles )

Infact, whenever someone ignorant of the rules unloads 10 rounds, the range officer calmy walks over and explains the rules.. There is a 200$ fine, but ive *never* actually seen anyone get charged.

There are no fees to use the range i go to.. and Im almost positive the other ranges are free as well. Your tax dollars going to good use.

I always chat it up with the range officer, and he was nice enough to give me bag full of once fired 30-06 brass for reloading.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Inquire In The Wilkes-Barre Area

PGC ranges DO NOT ban SEMIS...they just don't want people to open up with long shot strings...keep the handguns loaded to 6 and the rifles loaded to 3 and you'll have no problem...they BAN SEMIS for hunting small game, medium game, and large game animals (eg: manually operated handguns & longguns); semiauto shotties are allowed for game birds, turkeys, and waterfowl hunting