Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Change Low profile front gas block on AR to A2 style front sight

I have a DPMS Oracle which is an "Optic Ready" rifle. It currently has the low-profile Optic ready front gas block. I would like to switch it to an A2/GI style front sight post as I prefer the fixed front sight. I was wondering it if would be possible to change the front gas block to an A2 style front sight....If it is, what all would be involved in this? From what I've read/researched there is a bit more than just pushing out the pins and replacing it but I've yet to see a complete how to on how to do this... Any suggestions/pointers would be great.

Please forgive my misuse/misunderstanding of any terminology as I'm still learning about the AR platform! Thanks!!

Default Re: Change Low profile front gas block on AR to A2 style front sight

The trouble with a traditional A2 front sight is that they are held in with tapered pins and you have to drill into the barrel. I would look for one that is clamped on with screws. I am sure someone has to make them I would try Yankee hill machining.