Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Atlanta Businessman Requires All Employees To Get CC Permits and Gives Them Guns

Atlanta business owner Lance Toland requires all of his employees to get concealed carry permits and then gives them guns once they have the permits in hand.

Toland’s business is in the aviation insurance field. He said he made the decision to require concealed permits in light of a recent increase in “home invasions and violent crime in the Atlanta metro area.”

According to The Palm Beach Post, Toland grew concerned “for his employees’ safety,” most of whom are women scattered throughout three different office locations.

Toland said, “They all had their conceal carry permit within three to four weeks of me announcing that this was something you had to do.” Once they received their permit Toland gave each a Taurus Judge handgun to keep on their person or at the desk at which they sit. Taurus Judge handguns are revolvers that shoot .45 caliber bullets or .410 shotgun shells. A Judge loaded with .410 shells gives the user the added advantage of shooting a pattern of buckshot at an attacker, rather than a single bullet.

Toland indicated that his insurance company works with a number of “high profile business owners who have private planes,” and many of them are thinking about requiring concealed permits and gun possession for their employees, as well. He said, “A lot of my clients are high fiving when they hear this. They think it’s the best things for a company to mandate gun ownership and be responsible.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-carry-permit/
    Toujours pręt

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Atlanta Businessman Requires All Employees To Get CC Permits and Gives Them Guns

“A lot of my clients are high fiving when they hear this. They think it’s the best things for a company to mandate gun ownership and be responsible.”
    Mandated responsibility. Great concept.

Dumb idea for the most part though.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Atlanta Businessman Requires All Employees To Get CC Permits and Gives Them Guns

Seeing as this is a job requirement for them do they have to have the GA equivalent of Act 235?
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Schuylkill County)

He also gets an FBI background check out of it and makes sure his employees are not ex-felons or illegal aliens.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    He also gets an FBI background check out of it and makes sure his employees are not ex-felons or illegal aliens.
    Isn't that already required to be done for all employers?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

One assumes all firearms were transferred legally through an FFL?? That would take care of the background check - as would the CCW requirement.
    (And does he get a corporate/volume discount?)

Do the employees have the right to refuse?

Are the handguns considered income and shown on a 1099?

As an insurance company I am sure he must have thought about what this would do to HIS liability rates!

So many interesting questions about this - I love it!

(Indiana County)

At least he could have purchased a handgun with a decent-sized grip on it.

(Philadelphia County)

I question his choice of firearm as I've seen reviews that deem the Taurus Judge as neither a good .45 caliber revolver nor an effective shotgun.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    I question his choice of firearm as I've seen reviews that deem the Taurus Judge as neither a good .45 caliber revolver nor an effective shotgun.

Yeah, it reeks of stereotypical assumptions that women are too weak or dumb to operate anything other than a revolver and that with 410 shells all you have to do is point in the general direction to hit the bad guy.

(Allegheny County)

I have to wonder if there were a lot of employees or if there are only a few and they were already on board with this sort of thing before he decided to "mandate" it.

It's one thing to "force" ten, pro-gun conservatives to carry. It's a whole other ball game to demand that random people who may not WANT them to carry handguns.

I smell publicity stunt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast