Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default "Palm Pistol" Project for Disabled Shooters

I am working as a consultant with a firearm designer, Mr. Matthew Carmel, of Constitution Arms (www.ConstitutionArms.com), who has manufactured a hand gun specifically for the disabled. See www.palmpistol.com. He has also designed a carbine for small game hunting.

We are conducting a study to evaluate the extent to which the design mitigates the problems disabled shooters may have when using a traditional hand gun. the reason for the study is to support efforts to convince the FDA to re-list the design as a "medical device" under 21 CFR 890.5050 and .5073. The end goal is to seek reimbursement under Medicare and/or private health insurance for use of the device with disabled shooters.

The study is being conducted at the Delaware Valley Sports Center in Philadelphia. We are looking for disabled shooters to participate.

1. Study participants will receive two to three FREE instructional sessions with the .38 Special Palm Pistol and also, with a standard small J-frame .38 Special revolver and a "user-friendly" traditional 9mm semi-auto.

2. All study participants will also receive a discount on the purchase of the Palm Pistol in exchange for their participation.

Please let me know if you are aware of people who are interested in participating.

Bruce Eimer, Ph.D.
    dr.eimer1@comcast.net
    215-947-7867 (947-STOP)
    www.PersonalDefenseSolutions.com
    www.BruceEimer.com

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: "Palm Pistol" Project for Disabled Shooters

I forwarded this to a good friend of mine to see if he'd be interested in participating.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Cumberland County)

I too have forwarded this to friends that I have who are active in the shooting sports. We'll shake the trees a bit for you.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Very intriguing.

I'm not disabled, at least yet, and can still work my pistols (and probably annoy forum members with questions about recoil all of the time), but as someone with a lifelong joint condition who might need something like this someday, this is a project that is great to see.

I'm assuming that since the functions have been made to be easier for someone with reduced grip strength and mobility, that the (here I go again) recoil is also made more manageable?

Everyone should be given the opportunity to have the upper hand, no matter what their physical condition and health may be.

What would the projected pricing be on these firearms?

I have a friend who is a dealer who I might show this to if you do not mind.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Very intriguing.

I'm not disabled, at least yet, and can still work my pistols (and probably annoy forum members with questions about recoil all of the time), but as someone with a lifelong joint condition who might need something like this someday, this is a project that is great to see.

I'm assuming that since the functions have been made to be easier for someone with reduced grip strength and mobility, that the (here I go again) recoil is also made more manageable?

Everyone should be given the opportunity to have the upper hand, no matter what their physical condition and health may be.

What would the projected pricing be on these firearms?

I have a friend who is a dealer who I might show this to if you do not mind.
    MSRP is $1300.00.

This pistol is featured at the 5:40 mark. The opinions featured in this v-log are not mine so no one should be taking anything personal. Everyone should be left to draw their own conclusion.

https://www.full30.com/video/68e5c7a...1ba233ae60533b

If the product takes off I'm sure the price will come down...have to cover the R&D costs at the outset.

If this is all that a person can use, it's worth every penny to them.

Yeah, the comments are pretty asinine, they seem to be ignoring the purpose of the pistol.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

The comments on this forum were pretty bad too from what I recall.

It's been discussed before.