Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Mass shooting in Kansas. At least 3 dead 30 hurt

Gunman Fatally Shot After Opening Fire On Coworkers In Hesston, Kansas

Employees are identifying the murderer as a black male painter employed by the company. We do not give mass killers the celebrity they desire, but we have found the Facebook profile of the murderer, which includes the photos of what we believe to be the firearms used in the attack.

cedric ford gun

The murderer is a convicted felon with multiple convictions for burglary, grand theft, and other charges in Florida.

Details are just starting to come in about a workplace shooting at Excel Industries in Hesston, Kansas.

Walton said the shooter was an employee, and he was killed by authorities.

Walton said as many three people were killed. As many as 20 people were hurt. Walton said there are four to five crime scenes in this case.
    We’ll update when we have more confirmed information.

http://6abc.com/news/several-dead-up...tings/1219311/

Several people were killed and 20-30 wounded in a shooting at a Kansas workplace and several other scenes Thursday evening, authorities said.

The shooter, an employee at Excel Industries -- one of the scenes -- was killed by police, Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton said in a press conference Thursday. Authorities know his identity but are withholding his name, Walton told KAKE.

According to the sheriff, there were possibly 4-7 dead, including the shooter.

At least 16 people were hospitalized -- four at Newton Medical Center, five at Wesley Hospital and seven at Via Christi Hospital.

A woman who eyewitnesses said was shot in the parking lot is in critical condition, Walton said.

Workers at Excel Industries, a manufacturer of heavy duty lawn care equipment, in Hesston, were instructed to meet in another building for a head count.

There were numerous crime scene in the area, Walton said. As the shooter was driving, he was firing off rounds from his car.

A witness who works in the welding department said the shooter was firing off rounds as he chased Excel Industries employees who were screaming, "Fire! Fire!"

"I thought it was a fire, explosions." Marty Pierce said. "I didn't know someone was shooting."

Pierce said a coworker who looked in a hallway to investigate was shot in the leg. The 15-20 people who were in his department escaped through a side door, he said.

Nearby Hesston college was put on lockdown during the shooting, the school said on its website. There were about 375 students and faculty on campus at the time of the lockdown, KAKE reported
    Last edited by PocketProtector; February 25th, 2016 at 09:55 PM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Mass shooting in Kansas. At least 3 dead 30 hurt

The internet is littered with the typical anti-gun talking points yet again. None of them seem to grasp that as a felon, the guy was already prohibited from owning the guns. What law could stop that? None. I am heartbroken for the dead and injured, and for the country as a whole who it seems would rather blame an item than the person using it.

(Delaware County)

Kansas laws allows you to buy a hand gun or long gun without going thru a FFL .

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    The internet is littered with the typical anti-gun talking points yet again. None of them seem to grasp that as a felon, the guy was already prohibited from owning the guns. What law could stop that? None.
    For example https://twitter.com/bob_owens/status/703034645181546496 Bob Owens from BearingArms.com mixing it up with a Hollywood troll.
    Last edited by FritzF250; February 25th, 2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Hollywood Actress Troll

(Chester County)

I'm sorry for the folks at Excel Industries and their families. Prayers sent...

Events like these, unimaginably horrific, are sadly used by political bobble-heads under the meme "Never let a good crisis go to waste." I'm pretty sure they're going to pimp for more "common sense" laws - which lawbreakers everywhere routinely ignore.

Why not solve the problem instead of papering it over with more regulations and fewer Constitutional rights? How many times have we been around this track?

Some days, my carry feels just too damn heavy. But on days like this, I'm glad I do.

Just so I'm clear on this, will the reports over the next few days classify this as "work-place violence" or "domestic terrorism"?
    - bamboomaster

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    I'm sorry for the folks at Excel Industries and their families. Prayers sent...

Events like these, unimaginably horrific, are sadly used by political bobble-heads under the meme "Never let a good crisis go to waste." I'm pretty sure they're going to pimp for more "common sense" laws - which lawbreakers everywhere routinely ignore.

Why not solve the problem instead of papering it over with more regulations and fewer Constitutional rights? How many times have we been around this track?
    Round and round until the 2A is gone. They never quit and never will. As long as less than 5% of us are NRA members they will never back off
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lancaster County)

I knew I should not but I read the USA Today article and then accompanying comments.
    Here is a partial comment from one guy :
    "The best way to stop a guy with a gun is to prevent him from owning that gun or at least one designed to kill as many people possible"

Check out those Hooker Heels! I always thought real female cops would have the sense to wear practical shoes. Is she Mizzoli or Isles?

(Bucks County)

We knew about Dalton in minutes, crickets on this guy. Hmmmmm

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    The internet is littered with the typical anti-gun talking points yet again. None of them seem to grasp that as a felon, the guy was already prohibited from owning the guns. What law could stop that? None. I am heartbroken for the dead and injured, and for the country as a whole who it seems would rather blame an item than the person using it.
    21-4204. Criminal possession of a firearm. (a) Criminal possession of a firearm is:

(3) possession of any firearm by a person who, within the preceding five years has been convicted of a felony, other than those specified in subsection (a)(4)(A), under the laws of Kansas or a crime under a law of another jurisdiction which is substantially the same as such felony, has been released from imprisonment for a felony or was adjudicated as a juvenile offender because of the commission of an act which if done by an adult would constitute the commission of a felony, and was found not to have been in possession of a firearm at the time of the commission of the offense;

(4) possession of any firearm by a person who, within the preceding 10 years, has been convicted of: (A) A felony under K.S.A. 21-3401, 21-3402, 21-3403, 21-3404, 21-3410, 21-3411, 21-3414, 21-3415, 21-3419, 21-3420, 21-3421, 21-3427, 21-3442, 21-3502, 21-3506, 21-3518, 21-3716, K.S.A. 2010 Supp. 21-36a03, 21-36a05, 21-36a06, 21-36a07 or 21-36a09, and amendments thereto; K.S.A. 65-4127a, 65-4127b, 65-4159 through 65-4165 or 65-7006, prior to such section's repeal; an attempt, conspiracy or criminal solicitation, as defined in K.S.A. 21-3301, 21-3302 or 21-3303, and amendments thereto, of any such felony; or a crime under a law of another jurisdiction which is substantially the same as such felony, has been released from imprisonment for such felony, or was adjudicated as a juvenile offender because of the commission of an act which if done by an adult would constitute the commission of such felony, was found not to have been in possession of a firearm at the time of the commission of the offense, and has not had the conviction of such crime expunged or been pardoned for such crime; or (B) a nonperson felony under the laws of Kansas or a crime under the laws of another jurisdiction which is substantially the same as such nonperson felony, has been released from imprisonment for such nonperson felony or was adjudicated as a juvenile offender because of the commission of an act which if done by an adult would constitute the commission of a nonperson felony, and was found to have been in possession of a firearm at the time of the commission of the offense;
    http://law.justia.com/codes/kansas/2...2/21-4204.html

The following case is interesting because of when the defendant was convicted of a felony and when he used a firearm in a self defense situation. During the time frame the law changed, in regards to a firearm with a barrel less than 12 inches to any firearm, which was the case at the time of the shooting.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ks-suprem...t/1189616.html

The gravamen of the crime of criminal possession of a firearm is the possession of a prohibited firearm within a proscribed period of time following conviction of a felony.   The statute was significantly amended in 1995.   Crucial to the issue herein is whether defendant should be charged under the form of the statute in effect when the initial felony conviction occurred or under the form of the statute in effect when the possession of the firearm occurred.

TO Edit: IANAL.

Last edited by Gun; February 26th, 2016 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Check out those Hooker Heels! I always thought real female cops would have the sense to wear practical shoes. Is she Mizzoli or Isles?
    Mizzoli perhaps, but not Rizzoli.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast