Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Default Yankiee OC log. Vermont and New Hampshire

This is a log of my OC family vacation in VT & NH.

First night was spent in Bennington VT. On the advice of motel staff went to local brew pub Madison's downtown. Slightly pricey, but very understanding. My oldest (3) was having trouble sitting so we took a walk downtown. The wife ordered my food, which came well we were still out walking. The waitress noticed this & took my food back to be kept want & brought my food out before I could get settled.

During the walk we found A nice gaming shop. Good for parties, large movie screen - good selection of war hammer models & the like. BYOB.

Next day walked through the the shops in town. Very kid friendly. A music shop / model shop had a train set & drums for the kids to play. An art store (mostly ceramics) in an old bank - had turned the vault into a room with chalk walls. Tossing your kids into a vaulting very satisfying.

Two crazy Russian ladies bakery / coffee. Staff friendly, said we could let the boys run around.

Last store eves so news. Has a large selection of maple products, some post cards, local wood goods. Man asked about the caliber of my firearm, said he was glad to see me carrying & that he carries himself.

At no point did anyone seem to care.
    Update:

Made it to my wife's grandmothers. We were there for several hours when my wife placed her gun off her boy & out of the reach of children, and mentioned to her grandmother I was carrying. At which point her grandmother actively looked for my firearm.

Apparently I need to get a stainless steel slide & pearl grips with rhinestone accents. Or maybe little led lights that flash when you walk, like kids shoes. Afterwords went and checked into our cottage. Nothing to report. The girl at dunkin do units may have noticed, or she maybe a little shy being just a bit overweight.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; February 27th, 2016 at 09:21 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Yankiee OC log.

Did a good bit of local travel around Holderness. Seems to be like PA, no one cares. Took a walk into town with the eldest son. Got coffee,hot cocoa& pastries. On the way back stopped at the fire station because he had to pee. No one was around at first except the local cop, who let us look at the engines. Then the firefighters got back from a call (pumping basements). We chatted for a while. Farther down two guys getting off the ice with yelled up to the road that the ice was still thick enough to be safe. We walked down & chatted. The ice was 12 inches thick - apparently 3 is safe for people, 4 for atvs, & 12 -18 for cars if you are a risk taker. Ice was 12. Apparently there is a major fishing competition this weekend. Than the one guy mentioned he expected all the Massachusetts people were going to freak out and call the cops, not understanding that OC was legal in NH. Comment was said in friendly fyi way & obviously not anti. Apparently these MFers have heard of the constitution. Their both from on the NH Mass boarder.

Afternoon was spent with the extended family.
    In the evening I discovered an amazing tea. I want to be a tea person, but usually find it lacking. I had Tea forté's earl grey. Outstanding.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; February 27th, 2016 at 12:59 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Yankiee OC log.

The long road home: stopped at a mountain top stand - which turned out to be the largest collection of stuffed birds in northamerica. Most of them are very, very old - you could never build something like that today with all the oppressive laws that exist. All collected by one man, as his life's work. Well worth the cost - which was $5.00 an adult. The boys loved it.

On the way out a man of Moslem heritage (I did not ask country of origin so I'm not sure if he was Arab or some other ethnic group). Thanked me for practicing my second amendment rights. We chatted for a while & he expressed concern that we were driving through NY - knowing NY law Pretty well & advocates flying as a better alternative or shipping the firearms to an FFL/renting a place in VT/NH to keep our firearms if we made the trip regularly by ground. He is stationed in NJ (airforce) has a PA LTCF.

He related a story of being harassed by a NY cop who demanded to search his car. During the cops harassment he managed to be racist, expressing a lack of believe that a man with a very Moslem name might actually be from NY & justifying the attempted search "because he was from a state were guns are common" - which is why he was concerned about our travel through the PRNY.

I responded that hopefully we well have less issues because I'm just a boring white guy with my
    Wife, two kids & Mother-in-law.

Nothing else interesting occured. Maybe he'll show up on the forum, he says he had been on from time to time.

Made it back to PA. Stopped at the first exit & got coffee at Tim Horton's. Well in line a local thanked me for using my second amendment right. I think everyone else there was from PRNY, judging by the plates.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; February 27th, 2016 at 05:44 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

Default Re: Yankiee OC log. Vermont and New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    The girl at dunkin do units may have noticed, or she maybe a little shy being just a bit overweight.
    I laughed but man...there are plenty of large, loud ladies, don't think her diet has anything to do with not talking to you.

I responded that hopefully we well have less issues because I'm just a boring white guy with my
    Wife, two kids & Mother-in-law.
    Bet you really lit his fuse with that comment. Ha...wait, was that insensitive too?

Repped you for being entertaining.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; February 29th, 2016 at 11:10 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Sounds like a cool vacation.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Man asked about the caliber of my firearm,
    My eyes are up here, pal.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I laughed but man...there are plenty of large, loud ladies, don't think her diet has anything to do with not talking to you.

Bet you really lit his fuse with that comment. Ha...wait, was that insensitive too?

Repped you for being entertaining.
    Nope. He agreed. Messed up world we live in. He's in the tank for Trump, all of things.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"