Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Any value in .45ACP semi-wadcutter reloads (for components or whatever)?

Found a couple hundred rounds of reloads in my .45 stash and can't remember where they came from so there's no chance I'm going to shoot them. I don't reload myself and don't even have a puller to take them apart. Is there any chance someone would want them to reuse the components? Or should I just hang onto them in case I really get desperate for ammo some day? Seems like with factory 45 going for $15/50 right now these might not be worth the trouble. Thanks for any opinions.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Any value in .45ACP semi-wadcutter reloads (for components or whatever)?

I'd hold on to them. some autoloaders will spit them out, others won't. in a pinch, they may come in handy at a target range.

there are wheelguns chambered in 45 acp. some poor slob at the range may be damn grateful to have them.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Any value in .45ACP semi-wadcutter reloads (for components or whatever)?

Thank you sir. Looks like they'll stay on the bottom of the stash for a rainy day.

(Indiana County)

I shoot 200gr semi wad cutter out of my range officer with 6.5gr of cfe pistol. Very accurate!

(Bucks County)

my dad used them in a govt model all the time. he reloaded them that way. think I honestly remember one jam.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Found a couple hundred rounds of reloads in my .45 stash and can't remember where they came from so there's no chance I'm going to shoot them.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Thank you sir. Looks like they'll stay on the bottom of the stash for a rainy day.
    Mysterious handloads from an unknown source? You must have a helluva ammo stash.
    How rainy would the day need to be to get you to risk shooting them?

Personally I would look for someone that would pull them and use the components.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Mysterious handloads from an unknown source? You must have a helluva ammo stash.
    How rainy would the day need to be to get you to risk shooting them?

Personally I would look for someone that would pull them and use the components.
    LOL, yep I have quite a bit! It's all in ammo cans stacked pretty deep and some of it has been there for a while. I was consolidating and transferring some to bigger cans and found these. LSWC and LRN, several hundred rounds. Probably got it in a trade.

That's the thing: I'd have to be pretty desperate to shoot it but don't know what else to do with it. Maybe give them to somebody who can pull 'em apart.