Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: slip2000 poor results...

I think all of these expensive lubricants and cleaners are a total waste of money. Just make some Ed's Red for your general bore cleaning. (hoppe's for copper fouling) For lubrication, dex III auto transmission fluid is far superior to any of these high priced lubes and you can buy it by the gallon at any auto parts store.

If you need grease (1911s, garands, m1a etc.) you can buy a tub of grease at wall mart for $5. (Although here I will admit that I do like Tetra grease also), but have no problem using the wal-mart stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    So I tried it in my shield for the last few outings and I think it did ok, not great just ok. I cleaned with breakfree clp today and got more out of the barrel so I cleaned with hoppes and recleaned with clp and I'm done with slip2000. I haven't used the ewl and don't care to, my clp works great and I have like 4 bottles of it. I also think weapon shield is better then slip2000 by far.
    I've been using Slip for a long time. Before that, CLP. For many years before CLP, I used Hoppes & Kroil.

I've come to the conclusion that if a gun runs on the latest & greatest Navy SEAL & Delta Force endorsed molecular bonding secret snail snot; then chances are it'll probably run just as well on Mobil1 & synthetic bearing grease.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

The only reason I'm not happy with slip is I put it in my lcp and had issues with the gun and never did before for 400 rounds. After I cleaned it up I ran another maybe 100 without issue. The slip dried up in an lcp in like 3 mags, I'm just not happy with it since it doesn't work for me.
    The company was shocked to hear my email but said send it back and get a full refund so they are a stand up place.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orsogato View Post
    I think all of these expensive lubricants and cleaners are a total waste of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that if a gun runs on the latest & greatest Navy SEAL & Delta Force endorsed molecular bonding secret snail snot; then chances are it'll probably run just as well on Mobil1 & synthetic bearing grease.
    The older I get the more I am realizing that.

Ok to be fair I went on amazon and got the kit of bore cleaner, 725 degreaser and ewl. All I can say is there is no comparison it's a totally different product. I used all 3 products the first go around to remove any other stuff that may be there and lube with ewl, today I put about 110 rounds including 10 lead reloads I'm working up with unique powder came home and used only the ewl as a clp and the shield I'd very clean and we'll lubed, the ewl gives a nice coating similar to other quality lubes and when I wiped 5he excess it was still slick...very slick. I'm happy with this stuff and don't know what I'm missing with the regular gun lube but I'll stick with ewl it's good stuff for sure.

On a side note I cleaned and lubed my mosin with the regular gun lube and it did the same thing, it's like the gun absorbs it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123