Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: what's with so much OC at the supermarkey?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    Killer tomatoes.
    Bored much?!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeanut View Post
    Killer tomatoes.
    You know that the helicopter crash at the beginning of the movie was real?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

I've thought about a drop leg holster for backpacking. Hip carry is out if the question because of the pack riding there.

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post

The drop leg holster?
    A big clue indicating an Operator operating operationally, of course.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

I was kind of put off by your post with its hint of superiority/snobbishness. So, I'll let you in on a couple points.

I OC 90% of the time. I also tend to do a lot of dirty work with machines, vehicles, wood cutting, outdoor forest work, etc.. There have been the occasional times when a last minute run to the grocery market for some food supply to make dinner was required. I didn't figure it necessitated taking a shower and changing into "interview" clothes, so I just headed out "as is" to run the errand. Sorry if my appearance upset any fashion sensibilities of the general public, but I pretty much don't care. I mind my own business and go about my life. I don't judge anyone else on appearance and would hope (but again, don't really care) if others are of such low breeding to judge me based on it.

IF someone approached me in regards to my OC and asked in a polite way about it, I'd most gladly take all the time they wanted to explain my understanding of the relevant laws, mention PAFOA and FOAC. However if someone approached me with an attitude, I'd walk away and ignore them.

Man, just do your thing and let everyone else do the same unless they are interfering with your rights in some way. We don't all wear suits and ties wrenching on tractors and sometime need to run errands unexpectedly.

As to the "drop leg" holster that seems to really bug many; I found it to be relatively ideal for certain circumstances. One was motorcycle riding; another is wood cutting.

As another poster mentioned previously, live and let live. Why are we so eager to throw our own under the bus? Where is the solidarity that 2A supporters should have and the more basic human decency to just stay out of other peoples business? In well over 30 years of carry, I've NEVER been harassed, interviewed or even talked to by the police in regard to OC. BTW, I don't drink, so no hang over issues here.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by forby View Post
    I wasn't trying to bash anyone. My point was that these folks seem less fortunate than most of us on this site. I applaud them for being involved in the "sport". Sorry that some of you don't like the word, but if you go to Barnes & Nobel, the gun books are under sports. Even the ones about self defense are there. Anyway, I see many OCers there and I am simply surprised that they haven't heard of us here. I do suggest they come over. My point was that I wondered where they get there info from if they are not here.

Sketchy.... yes, some are sketchy for sure. Their demeanor/appearance didn't help. Anyone OCer that takes an aggressive posture when approached nicely is not helping the cause. No matter what your station in life, it helps to clean up a bit if your going out OCing. It WILL reduce the number of man with a gun calls I assure you. Heck, I won't OC if I didn't shave for a few days because I look disheveled. Maybe that's my issue..

(Bucks County)

Put off or really don't care, whichever it may be, you are judged all the time by the people that see you.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    God help us all if I have to shoot someone and haven't practiced lately. I wonder if the thugs and gang bangers and toddlers that find daddy's gun go to the range weekly or monthly?
    Hopefully as a responsible person you have a little more regard for where your rounds go than the thugs, gangbangers, and toddlers.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA86 View Post
    Hopefully as a responsible person you have a little more regard for where your rounds go than the thugs, gangbangers, and toddlers.
    I think that goes without saying. Ever notice that Henrietta the housewife or Joe Blow concealed carrier usually puts a few rounds on target and stops an attack but police do mag dumps and hit an elbow or nine civilians?

(Indiana County)

OCed the other day at Ken's Bi-Lo supermarkey in Northern Cambria (formerly Spangler), Cambria County. No comments, if they even noticed. Of course, there is a difference between Cambria County (population density 222 per square mile) and Lancaster County (population density 561 per square mile).

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112